IGNORED

TRI▽ANGLE RECORDS

Hoodie

The last HTDW album was just a overproduced pile of wannabe-r'n'b (maybe done with 5 spliffs).

oOoOO's debut was proper done, adding some magick to the already deflating witchhouse-genre. His second try was to thin for my taste, only one track remembering me what he made in the past.

Sorry for this rant in such an appreciating thread :dry:

[…] I rather listen to Russian Burial clones instead (Ghostek, Volor Flex, Nocow).

Volor Flex makes wonderful music- he made a good 7inch on the russian Sealt label which should be checked for their incredible artwork masturbatorium alone :wink:

It's maybe a human characteristic to compare everything musicwise with the previous released things. I normally try to reduce that attitude and get to new things without any expectation. It's kinda hard.

Vessel is on Tri Angle too, right? I may should listen to his album once again. His production skills for others are really awesome.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
6 hours ago, zero said:

they had some good stuff. 

anyone know what happened to Holy Other? guy released 1 album and then disappeared.

yeah even his FB last update is from 2017 

7 hours ago, species8472 said:

dang. awesome label 'back in the day'. they haven't released anything i've been super into lately, but the early releases are untouchable.

they were still putting out some solid albums with decent traction in terms of PR - I noticed some seem to put out their LPs via Tri Angle while delegating 12" and EPs to other labels - Vessel, Lotic, and Serpentwithfeet specifically. 

Seminal label of the 2010s for sure

definitely seems like music from a lifetime away now. None of it was THAT memorable although I did enjoy some of it. It was certainly overhyped too. thanks for some music triangle

Archived