IGNORED

Photodementia - Fig. 04

Redruth

Sounds too derivative, don't like it, first album sounded much more unique and forward in attitude.

Herr Jan ever head of homages? It's possible that's other people trying to sound like those artists you mentioned.

People like yourself are too snobby when it comes to music like this tbh. All Genres of music are constantly churning out music that is copying each other. You come along and moan about a genre that often uses the same sounds and synths and expect it to sound completely different. You'll be hard pushed to find something different with every record that comes out.

A+ release imo

Not true and completely baseless, I liked Last Step's Sleep album a lot.

Then I'm not talking about someone like yourself then, oh wait ? Yeah I am

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrgypsum

so apparently people want this on cd... what does it matter the first one wasnt released on cd, yet its widely available.

this very well could be monolith or dmx but i would still like it the same, if it werent afx i wouldnt like it less all of a sudden. to me - its someone on rephlex, i listen to everyone on the label so i wouldnt care.

Guest RandySicko

Just gained a lot more respect for monolith ... or dave monolith.. or mnlth... whatever he is calling himself these days - if it is infact him. His newer stuff was a bit on the boring side to me but I am really digging photodementia and could definitely hear one of 'his' sounds in postpre.

Hoping for cd or digital release

Extra tracks on the cd. Superior format confirmed.

Just checked website. I missed that, nice.

i smell hoax, syntheme-style. rdj paying someone to play the role. or it could be dave monolith (i'd be very surprised in that case but indeed, he's the only person who ever played a photodementia track live). or it could be some german transexual midget. or anyone really

Guest milorad
I don't think Monolith worked alone, a collaboration between him and Gerard Donald now seems highly probable, either as edits or reworks of some kind... But Donald is definitely involved. I bet there's a (real) third person involved as well.

The photographer of Photodementia images is an astronomer in Bonn, and has a heavy presence of the Max-Planck institute for Physics on his CV including lectures in astrophysics there. Why is this important? Because Donald has collaborated with astrophysics students from The Max-Planck institute on his recent projects so the probability that two (or in this case three) successful young scientists from a similar area of physics working on the same institute just happen to be all involved in distinct Detroit sounding electro projects seems very low to me.

And before you say it, yes, I know how sick I am for stalking all these people.

Yeah, Bernard Davies became Dave Barnard OK, but Victor 'Creative Doubt' Beaudet and the chick are still there despite his coming out. Now this Bonn thing. It's so complicated it fucks with fans anally.

Archived