IGNORED

Photodementia - Fig. 04

Redruth

Grant makes a lot of tracks himself. Could be some of his stuff

How come Marf always has random tidbits of information that someone that was close to Rephlex would know? What is your source on this information?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grant makes a lot of stuff himself? yeah theres an old interview where he said that. gewgle time.

why am i using the first name of a bloke i dont even know? dont ask me im just a troll

i thought the one track that was on the UI series which was always attributed to 'probably being grant' was the real wonky one that is totally out of place and sounds like kind of corny and like someone with little experience just messing around, sequencing goofy drum and bass patterns? it kind of sounds like a joke track. so bad you'd never expect that person to do something like any of this stuff being speculated on. but with rephlex you never know what's going on. maybe grant produced all aphex and rich was just the pretty face used to sell it.

grant makes a lot of stuff himself? yeah theres an old interview where he said that. gewgle time.

why am i using the first name of a bloke i dont even know? dont ask me im just a troll

He used to use the pseudonym 'IG-88' for recording but I don't think he ever released anything, just passed things round friends.

None of this record sounds like it's trying to mimic afx or drexciya to me at all, and especially not analord. D's groove reminds me much more of carl craigs earlier stuff as Psyche. Sure it has the same/similar sound pallet but they are put together by someone different. And drexciya and afx don't own every synth sound. Sure doesn't sound like a complete rip off of afx like the EDM thing

None? Really? That's going too far, there's at least a track that's 100% clone Drexciya, James Stinson style.

Archived