o no, it's twin peaks for old people where everything unfolds with the pace of a snail. even the tempo of the tp tune is slowed down.

*grabs walking stick and stumbles away slowly...*

The pacing of the original series was (intentionally) slow and ponderous at times.

Let us not forget the hotel room service guy and the bank clerk.

I'm all in for more slow pan shots, scenes of people walking slowly up and down corridors and drawn out dialogue.

eCoLLsS.png

lol

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey,

Sing Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.

kid'll eat ivy, too, wouldn't you?

Leland, Bob n the wee fella give it real malevolence, but the way Leland slips between his characters glues it all together

the only media that gets near its atmosphere are other Lynch works & for this year's gift humbly thank the gods sacrificing this flower of special virtue

too much death in 2016, so pls let this one get through, universe

Omfg... those Funko Pop toy shit figures. Gawd.

Even though Twin Peaks has been around for way longer than pretty much any of the other figures they make, they suddenly realise that this has potential to make them some monies.

Even though Twin Peaks has been around for way longer than pretty much any of the other figures they make, they suddenly realise that this has potential to make them some monies.

Can you imagine how big the head on the James Hurley version would be.

Can you imagine how big the head on the James Hurley version would be.

Just as long as they keep it authentic by making sure the hair is procured from a toilet brush.

one of the Inland Empire soundtrack versions has audio: track 09 David Lynch - BBQ Theme

shorty ditty, but find a copy for just how well DL can flex the olde electronica mindfuck sound world as well as any visual imagery created

its immense

• 2 weeks later...

With S1&2 on Netflix, I've been revisiting the Leland scenes and jesus they're the best exercises in absurdity/insanity/comedy. When he slides in singing the oats verse and the Horne brothers begin dancing without missing a beat, I die every time. Especially when Jerry does the worm.

Just remembered another time Lynch used dancing as humor. Wild At Heart when Laura Dern said "Sailor I'm gonna go outta my mind if you don't find something good on this radio!!". They switch the dial to Rammstein and thrash dance outside the car.

can you recall the woman who sway dances on top of Frank Booth's car in Blue Velvet, the "lovetter" lipstick scene approx?

all these layers of surreal are imminent again soon, woo hoo

Edited by cwmbrancity