After years and years of wanting to see this, I finally bit the bullet by picking up the complete Blu-ray box set a couple months back, and finished watching the series last night.

Absolutely loved season one. It's actually perfect from start to finish. Didn't care for season two much. It has some decent moments but the bulk of it just seems completely unnecessary, and it tends to wander a lot more than it should. Not sure how I feel about that ending either.

Gonna give the film a blast later this week.

After years and years of wanting to see this, I finally bit the bullet by picking up the complete Blu-ray box set a couple months back, and finished watching the series last night.

Absolutely loved season one. It's actually perfect from start to finish. Didn't care for season two much. It has some decent moments but the bulk of it just seems completely unnecessary, and it tends to wander a lot more than it should. Not sure how I feel about that ending either.

How about the finale? How did you like that?

I actually thought it was pretty great, even though I wasn't fully satisfied with the overall conclusion. Gotta love the red room scenes.

Personally, I think the finale is one of the best things to be shown on television. It completely redeemed the shit show that was the second half of season 2.

pretty sure the second half of s2 was supposed to go something like:

after the bob reveal coop starts to fall for audrey, she gets kidnapped by windom during the chess match, he goes into the black lodge to save her. instead we got 2 completely separate love interests ham-fisted in at the last second because lara flynn boyle couldn't manage her jealousy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2jilTeuhM

It also doesn't help that the executives forced them to reveal the killer earlier than wanted to, changing the whole plot line. Also David Lynch left to direct a movie halfway through the season and came back for the last few episodes to clean up that shitshow.

Edited by DavieAddison

By the way, just so you know it, the movie is very different from the tv show. You'll either love it or hate it

Starts at 1:00

100% agree. saw it in theaters for the first time last month. one of the most intense movie watching experiences i've ever had. not sure why people said it was unlike twin peaks.. i feel like it had everything that made twin peaks great. the surreal blending of completely contradictory tones. it's beautiful, dark, horrific, idiosyncratic, gleefully naive, and hilarious all at once. deeply human and at the same time completely submerged in the supernatural & mystical. not to mention the actual story fills out the characters' lives and the world of twin peaks in a very satisfying way. old questions answered, new questions put forth, etc. it's hard to imagine what else people would have been expecting of FWWM back then, but somehow i'm not surprised that it was met with such widespread disappointment.

Guest bitroast

damn, that fire walk with me vinyl packaging looks real nice and instantly gives way stronger twin peaks imo! real nice. 

also yeah. buying the 2 = probably spending $100 = no thanks : \