IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Took today and tomorrow off, took the missus to the spa. While I was reading outside the spa (they have some nice chairs with a good view), "rhubarb" came on their outdoor speakers. Lovely.

• Like 1

I had to make a work call today to one of our clients that I was totally dreading. someone at my company (not I) screwed something up royally, and I am the only person with enough knowledge of the situation to be able to explain it, and therefore by default be the one to take the blame. I was worried beforehand the guy I had to call would go completely ballistic on me, but after my expert level ability to explain in detail what happened and offer up several apologies, the guy actually thanked me for my time in calling to explain it to him.

definitely left me with a good feeling knowing that (1) I know what the fuck I'm doing and (2) not everyone you think is gonna rip your head off actually will.

• Like 4

Made $90 in just over an hour doing delivery.  Two $20+ orders + one $30+ order plus a couple $10ers.  The restaurants stopped allowing people inside, and the whole city's gone nuts for takeout.  Felt like I was getting nothing but dinner parties all night.  Made $150 in 5 hours, my most lucrative shift to date.  Hoping the lockdown continues for a little while... also, it really needs to.  The numbers are worse than they've ever been in BC.

19 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Made $90 in just over an hour doing delivery.  Two $20+ orders + one $30+ order plus a couple $10ers.  The restaurants stopped allowing people inside, and the whole city's gone nuts for takeout.  Felt like I was getting nothing but dinner parties all night.  Made $150 in 5 hours, my most lucrative shift to date.  Hoping the lockdown continues for a little while... also, it really needs to.  The numbers are worse than they've ever been in BC.

https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/

:rtfm:

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

I tried using tinder for about a week and didn't get a single match.  I thought it was because I was somehow abhorrent and nobody wanted me.  Then I realized it was a problem on tinder's end when I made a bumble and got matches out the wazoo.  This weekend I've got my first date in years.

18 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I just remembered how awkward the texting is during the waiting period before a date.

it's not called 'pre-nut clarity'

• Big Brain 1

• 3 weeks later...

Randomly got a $90 check in the mail from a Wells Fargo class action settlement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Was listening to Move of Ten in my van while driving behind a car with license plate LP5.  Wrong album, but lush anyway.

were you driving down the M9?

• Like 2

new airbnb: holy shit, i've only been here for 10 minutes and i already fucking love it. awesome place for a ridiculously low price. incredibly kind and friendly owner. he assured me there wasn't any noise coming from the neighbours. there must be a catch/or something terrible is about to happen to me because so far, it seems too good to be true. 

not that anyone gives a shit about my airbnb stories and my stupid life though:datboi:

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1