IGNORED

Iradelphic Sessions Available As ZIP Download

Joyrex

Just got an email from Clark/WARP:

Ello,

http://throttleclark.com/iradelphic-sessions

So these tracks produced around Iradelphic have been zipped up, compiled and cremated into a neat little package with the robust and fitting imagery of Julian House. They seem to belong to a different era now I've been busy writing lots of new stuff since, but they still shed an old, persistent light on the world I immersed myself in during the albums creation. I thought it would be more interesting than just promo-ing you with a load of "alternate (ie not as good) mixes". They didn't make it to the final cut, but I feel it would be solipsistically tight to keep them to myself. As The Circle Closes should have perhaps gone on the album. I dont know. Who knows. And me throwing them out to you lot, my loyal yet anonymous audience, well it's just a way of moving on, freeing up headspace and showing you a piece of it along the way.

The new live shows should hopefully showcase the direction I'm going in. It's chaotic and raw at the moment. But there is order in the edges too. It's great to get to hear this gear loud, in rooms full of people, rather than a sterile mastering session.

Anyways, thanks for the ears, see you later.

Chris.

20 April - Koko - London, UK
26 April - LunchMeat Festival - Prague, CZ
27 April - Arc Festival - Bristol, UK
04 May - LEV Festival - Gijón, ES
11 May - Mapping Festival - Geneva, CH
1 June - Taico Club Festival - Nagano, JP

Sounds like he's almost apologetic about Iradelphic. Saying he should have included songs, and drawing a line under things.

Personally I thought Iradelphic was by far his worst record and really didn't like it. I'm excited by what he gets up to next though...

Yeah, I also got that from the promo text. The bit about him being deep into different stuff right now makes me very curious :w00t: I expect full reviews from anyone attending his live shows :emotawesomepm9: Hopefully he didn't switch the guitar to a cello or flute or something...

I love "soft eruptor" - and "glenferrie..." is a hell of a a track! And by the way, I never expected him to drop the rest of the tracks. I thought, it would be the same as with the mix tape... just promo, as long as he needs it, and then never a word again. High-five for delivering!

these are amazing

i remember him playing maybe one iradelphic track last year on the so-called Iradelphic tour as well.. lot of improvising and fucking with older danceable tracks.

i believe he played something like MFB Skank which sounded great on the system

Sounds like he's almost apologetic about Iradelphic. Saying he should have included songs, and drawing a line under things.

Personally I thought Iradelphic was by far his worst record and really didn't like it. I'm excited by what he gets up to next though...

Totally agree with both parts.

Enjoying this, I had a couple of the tracks before but it's nice to hear the whole bunch. Really liking "MFB Skank" so far, I think that's one of the few I already had.

Also, I should temper what I said earlier. I massively respect Clark for trying something that was different from his past material and across all his work he's not shied away from being innovative and experimenting. I'd rather he produce unique poop than regular poop! Fingers crossed he hits form with his next work. :music:

When is he going to start making electronic music again? There was one good song off of Iradelphic but the rest of it was a soupy noodly ambient mess with a spattering of awful indie-folk vocals just as salt in the wound.

Iradelphic Sessions is more of the exact same drivel. Want beats and groove alongside the melody. That was exactly what Clark was all about up to and including Totems Flare. This era of Clark is borderline unlistenable to me.

Archived