IGNORED

What's the greatest and best David Bowie song that ever lived?

Fred McGriff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say Ashes To Ashes, but I'm going to say Golden Years because it reminds me of a time when my dad was blasting this song while drunk with my mom yelling at him in spanish. Then when the "ANGEL" part came my dad paused and looked at my mom with his drunken blood shot eyes and said "AAAAIIIIIIINNNNGEEEEELLLLLLL!"

i would say Ashes To Ashes, but I'm going to say Golden Years because it reminds me of a time when my dad was blasting this song while drunk with my mom yelling at him in spanish. Then when the "ANGEL" part came my dad paused and looked at my mom with his drunken blood shot eyes and said "AAAAIIIIIIINNNNGEEEEELLLLLLL!"

Awesome memory!!!

Guest Adjective

Heroes (single edit)

it starts out a bit bland and then once he's in that singing/shouting phase it's an emotional punch to the gut

i even don't care for the backing vocals at all, but his delivery alone makes it hit me harder than anything else he's done.

i'd probably follow it with:

ashes to ashes

golden years

fame

sound and vision

modern love

...in no particular order and then not listen to him again for a year

Guest Head Gardener

I know this should probably go in the mixes thread but it feels more at home here!

bowie_gif.gif
sessions, B-sides, remixes and album tracks
Hello Spaceboy
Because You're Young
African Night Flight
Starman
Neukoln
It Ain't Easy
Cracked Actor
We Are The Dead
Win
Five Years
See Emily Play
Kooks
Queen Bitch
Round & Round
The Alabama Song
Lady Grinning Soul

Teenage Wildlife

this is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pByyFqrFI

:cisfor:

I love that song. So many stellar moments.

I love how he uses his voice in it, especially when he makes the falsetto wails, toward the end.

Astounding.

Other faves of mine:

Stay

The Laughing Gnome

Time

i'm not really a fan but i'm going to use this thread to convince me that i should be

I'll do the same.

's a youtube playlist of the songs linked in this thread. I really like space oddity.

edit:

I remember this one

My parents liked heathen a lot. And that song is great.

I love being reminded how amazing David Bowie is.

I have to constantly argue with myself as to which song/album of his is the best.

Lately, I've been thinking Scary Monsters is his best LP (I fluctuate a lot between Station To Station and a few others).

The thing about Scary Monsters is that it is arguably his last "great" LP. It's also, in my opinion, his first genuinely mature and self-aware release. It's the cherry on top of a decade of nearly flawless work. He also really pushes himself creatively with his vocals on every song

Archived