IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

Alot of artists looked up to BOC at one point. Now their production styles would eclipse BOC any day. Look how far guys like bibio and lone have come in the last 10 years. This new LP may sound dated (and not in a sunbathed cassette type way) so after such a long time, an underwhelming LP and not hearing one peep since trans Canada highway and maybe Peter christopherson's death, I feel a little disrespected by BOC and they will have to earn my respect back.

After a 7 year "fuck you" to the fans, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Um, hopefully you are the only one..... lmfao, like they owe you? us? anything at all.
I didn't say they owed anyone anything. Don't get me wrong, I love BOC and just hope after this album they could at least try to be a little more consistent.

The last thing we need is a consistent 7 year gap between albums

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of artists looked up to BOC at one point. Now their production styles would eclipse BOC any day. Look how far guys like bibio and lone have come in the last 10 years. This new LP may sound dated (and not in a sunbathed cassette type way) so after such a long time, an underwhelming LP and not hearing one peep since trans Canada highway and maybe Peter christopherson's death, I feel a little disrespected by BOC and they will have to earn my respect back.

After a 7 year "fuck you" to the fans, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Um, hopefully you are the only one..... lmfao, like they owe you? us? anything at all.
I didn't say they owed anyone anything. Don't get me wrong, I love BOC and just hope after this album they could at least try to be a little more consistent.

You know they were probably really busy taking care of their family and all that (amongst other things). I can't say much, but anyone who's got a kid(s) or has raised some can testify to the fact that it consumes a lot of one's daily time/energy.
I can speak to that. I called work and told them I have a kid now and that I'll be back to work in 8 years. they told me to fuck off.

zole

Guest Enter a new display name

Last night I had a premonition dream about Joyrex showing us his promo copy of Tomorrow's Harvest and letting us stream it live through a website to attenuate our impatience. I just woke up and I made sure Tomorrow's Harvest was still not out. Fuck dreams.

Well, good news!

I spoke to Boards about your concern, and they feel really bad about letting you down the way they did. They assured me your autographed copy of Tomorrow's Harvest is in the mail via FedEx to you, and you will be one of the first people in North America to have the actual album.

Hint: I'm using sarcasm, and you'll actually have to go buy the album yourself.

BoC do not owe you, or anyone else any reasons why they decided to wait as long as they did to finally release the album. It's not as if you paid for the album up front, did you?

I appreciate as a fan you want as much BoC as possible (who wouldn't), but when and why any artist releases their work has naught to do with the demands of their fanbase.

If they 'owe' their fans anything, it's a story, imo. Nothing against a bit of communication, right?

...I know I know, wrong place

* returns to don't ask, don't tell ... and never communicate policy *

BoC's neglect is the reason I'm such a basket case these days. Why couldn't you just love me goddammit.

Guest isaki

no mention of anything BOC from Vic Galloway, he mentioned "band from Edinburgh" but it's Delta Mainline

If they 'owe' their fans anything, it's a story, imo. Nothing against a bit of communication, right?

Good lord, what are you - Mr. Freedom of Speech/Information Guy of the fucking internets?

You probably give money to Wikileaks, you daft bastard.

Good lord, what are you - Mr. Freedom of Speech/Information Guy of the fucking internets?

You probably give money to Wikileaks, you daft bastard.

Yes, you daft Kim Jung Joyrex.

LILILILILIILILIILILILILIILILILILIILILILILIILIL BCOOBCOBCOCOBCOBOCBOCBOCOBCOBCOBCOBCOBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCOBCOBCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCBOCOBCOBCOBCOBCOBCOBCOBO

= BOC

Guest Papillon

This thread got weird......how the heck did this go from super happy anticipation to hilarious outburst of misdirected anger??

This is like a lobby conversation in COD modern warfare.

Lets get back to a music discussion.

I'm wonder if the album will be more of commercial record this time just due to the track lengths? It's been quite a long time since BOC released an album and I suppose (hope) they continue to challenge their listeners. I vaguely remember reading a comment by one of the members of BOC about how they were a little reluctant to release anything "too" different so as not to alienate their fans. I don't know how the interviewer responded but if it'd had been me I would have said that they ought to release whatever they were most proud of, they haven't let anyone down with thier releases yet.... Despite popular opinion I enjoyed Trans Canada Highway as much as the others albums and singles.

I might get LOL'd at but I actually really dig the music from the promo for this release. It's cool if you put it on loop listen while you're driving.

I was stopped at an intersection by the lakeshore boardwalk the other day and these hot ladies in micro shorts were rollerblading past my car while I was listening to that track. It was a weird juxtaposition, made me feel a little creepy though.

Archived