IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

I predict the album will be like all their others.

A couple of really lame pieces, some mediocre stuff and three or four tracks that will be so insanely great, we'll still be talking about them five years from now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to hope that they're nice little melodies and not just random ambient, underwhelming noodling...

I wasn't impressed with the video piece on the website. I know it may not even be indicative of the album anyway but it sounded just like some old John Carpenter out-take from The Thing except it wasn't even that memorable. That's not to say a bad thing but I was kind of underwhelmed. I only listened to it twice and got bored. I never bothered with it again.

I'm still sure the album will be great though.

Yeah same here. I watched it all the way through the first time and then I was thinking "that's it?" Never really bothered to watch it again...

I'm going to hope that they're nice little melodies and not just random ambient, underwhelming noodling...

Considering BoC are masters of melody, I doubt it will disappoint...

Getting closer now, not too far away..

Even though its BoC I still will not be setting my sights ridiculous high. Perhaps it's because i'm English, I'll pour a teaspoon of cynicism (they're a bit older, the fire in the belly may of gone a bit etc) and a splash of miserable realism (not many bands release classic after classic) into my BOC brew. Therefore I cannot be let down! And of course no matter how bad it might be my English self-deprecating sense of humour will save me from sheer disapointment.

Lets hope all my defense systems are in vain.

Considering BoC are masters of melody, I doubt it will disappoint...

As long as they put some thought into the tracks (which they obviously should/would have...) and did their thing... then yeah it should turn out nicely. They're pretty damn good at coming up with really unique and lovely melodies.

I also think that coming up with good melodies in a slow tempo is harder than at a fast tempo. Just might be me though, but yeah they're masters in that field.

Can't wait. Thinking of throwing in a couple of days holiday from work to immerse myself totally.

Apart from the new Bibio, it's all BoC at the minute. Even Campfire's getting a look in.

"...sounded just like some old John Carpenter out-take from The Thing..."

mmmm.. if the whole album ends up sounding like carpenter film music-esque, i will be a happy boy. creepy pitch bendy-vhs-effected wavering melodies... dreamy, vintage, otherworldly nostalgia...

*txts girlfriend to come over with some nachos to watch Children of the Corn, Prince of Darkness and Mouth of Madness, while thinking about Tomorrow's Harvest, and orders a pepperoni pizza from Pizza Heaven (: -- actually half pepperoni/half veggie, cuz my gf is vegetarian*

mmm Carpenter films.. mmm BoC.. mmmmmm pizzzaaa...

isn't it strange considering the amount of time, effort, and money went into hyping up this release, it hasn't been mentioned on every Bleep newsletter since the announcement?

isn't it strange considering the amount of time, effort, and money went into hyping up this release, it hasn't been mentioned on every Bleep newsletter since the announcement?

Yeah, good point.

They probably ran out of money or they simply don't need to promote it any further.

Still think they should just Bandcamp that motherfucker and be done with it.

Hype can work negatively - just look at the reaction to the Daft Punk thing.

Yeah, good point.

They probably ran out of money or they simply don't need to promote it any further.

Daft Punk? who're they?

Yeah, good point.

Daft Punk? who're they?

I'd never even heard of them until two days ago. WATMM is morphing.

We'll be having Coldplay threads before long.

Yeah, good point.

Daft Punk? who're they?

:wtf:

Yeah, good point.

Daft Punk? who're they?

:wtf:

Who? WATMM keeps introducing me to new, exiting music.

:cerious:

Guest Papillon

"...sounded just like some old John Carpenter out-take from The Thing..."

mmmm.. if the whole album ends up sounding like carpenter film music-esque, i will be a happy boy. creepy pitch bendy-vhs-effected wavering melodies... dreamy, vintage, otherworldly nostalgia...

*txts girlfriend to come over with some nachos to watch Children of the Corn, Prince of Darkness and Mouth of Madness, while thinking about Tomorrow's Harvest, and orders a pepperoni pizza from Pizza Heaven (: -- actually half pepperoni/half veggie, cuz my gf is vegetarian*

mmm Carpenter films.. mmm BoC.. mmmmmm pizzzaaa...

Yep well said. I liked the music from the trailer too. I hope the album is comletely different from prior work. It'd be nice if Boards of Canada changed up the music scene again, who knows how long it'll be until we hear from them again.

By the way, this might have been discussed but doesn't anyone else see the conflict in releasing the older material box set? Isn't the reason they haven't released anything pre twoism to do with the fact that they the band was comprised of other members? Now that BOC is so famous why would they want to pay out royalties to someone they no longer work with.?? Just a thought but could be part of the reason that music may not get an official release.

nice stickers, i hope all who preorder get them

BOC-HMV.jpg

BOC-Amazon.png

we already know we got the art cards, here they are in higher res:

BOC-Cards02.jpg

BOC-Cards03.jpg

and here's the back cover:

BOC-union.jpg

...looking good boc

boc004.jpg

Oh c'mon are you serious!? Why couldn't the US/UK releases get a poster with it. I mean it's a really nice one too. But I already ordered from Bleep...

because there's no Japanese bonus track, I reckon.

Archived