IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

I've only just got into BOC. I've owned MHTRTC for about 5-6 years but after a few initial listens, and it not being what I expected, it got shelved . This fancy marketing campaign for the new album made me go back to it and I am very glad that I did. It's taken a while but it has slowly grown on me. I'm still very much finding new things each time I listen but I'm gradually coming to see why so many people are obsessive over their music.

So with that in mind, I am looking forward to the new album, but just as a I would any other new album, not with the fervorish, rabid excitement that everyone else has for BOC, because I haven't been waiting 8 years.

I could actually order their others albums right now and they would be new to me.

I had mhtrtc for many years to before I properly got into it (and Geogaddi). I was mainly a disciple of Aphex and just got BoC albums as it was the done thing to do if you were into Warp. I always thought all BoC albums had shitloads of filler, it took me while to get my head round their sounds. I'm sort of in the same boat as you as in the fact that I also havent been waiting desperatley for new material for 8 years, more like 3 or 4 so the pain hasn't been so bad!! Though the dead silence they maintained between their fanbase makes it seem longer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daft Punk seem to be doing a pretty good job so far, rumor has it that lots of shops have received their stock already and the leaks have been minimal. A few more days before they officially stream it, so it might still happen.

There is no thing as a minimal leak.

Only the kicks leaked

I'm hoping for some tracks like Over The Horizon Radar. It's my favorite BOC track.

But it seems short, sad/nostalgic melody tracks are not that common anymore, though they tend to be my favorites. Every new release from varying artists, I look forward to these sorta tracks and really never get them...

I'm hoping for some tracks like Over The Horizon Radar. It's my favorite BOC track.

But it seems short, sad/nostalgic melody tracks are not that common anymore, though they tend to be my favorites. Every new release from varying artists, I look forward to these sorta tracks and really never get them...

You should start making some music of your own.

Daft Punk seem to be doing a pretty good job so far, rumor has it that lots of shops have received their stock already and the leaks have been minimal. A few more days before they officially stream it, so it might still happen.

There is no thing as a minimal leak.

Only the kicks leaked

lowell!

amen to that.

amen to that.

I miss clark and bibio's short ones too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flg5f9-d0Rw

AND FOUR TET!!

Guest Corvus

amen to that.

This seems pretty much just like a necessary leak-preventage to me so far.

I don't really see the point about the leak-preventage. They somehow were able to prevent leakage of the AE album without making such a fuss. CDs were sent out in masses. And still there wasn't a leak for about a month or so. So I bet there actually are technical measures to prevent leakage. In regards to the BOC release this is just about a promo stunt. Pumping up the excitement by selling exclusiveness and mysticism. I'm getting rather annoyed by such tactics.

don’t get what you mean? What I was saying was if they released it without giving out any promos what so ever, no listening parties nothing there would be no leaks. That’s common sense no?

Like if at the end of all the weird promo shit they had literally just released the new album there would have been no leaks.. Personally think that’s what they should have done..

nope it's not common sense.

almost all leaks happen at the manufacturing stage.

Very good point. That's my idea as well. With all the watermarking, journalists are hardly interested in getting problems with their employer or the label they like to review.

You should start making some music of your own.

I do... but at this point I still dislike most of what I make.

amen to that.

I miss clark and bibio's short ones too

I love Pleen 1930's, I miss it too. Also never got anymore Tommib/Tommib help bus like stuff from Squarepusher either...

If we could see the track lengths for T's H, and if there's a track or two that's really short those might be something like these... (I thought I saw track lengths somewhere... were they real...?)

Guest Corvus

I love Pleen 1930's, I miss it too. Also never got anymore Tommib/Tommib help bus like stuff from Squarepusher either...

If we could see the track lengths for T's H, and if there's a track or two that's really short those might be something like these... (I thought I saw track lengths somewhere... were they real...?)

Capture_d_e_cran_2013_05_13_a_22_07_09.p

This seems pretty much just like a necessary leak-preventage to me so far.

I don't really see the point about the leak-preventage. They somehow were able to prevent leakage of the AE album without making such a fuss. CDs were sent out in masses. And still there wasn't a leak for about a month or so. So I bet there actually are technical measures to prevent leakage. In regards to the BOC release this is just about a promo stunt. Pumping up the excitement by selling exclusiveness and mysticism. I'm getting rather annoyed by such tactics.

I believe that's because there's no one outside this community that even care about Autechre. No real world demand for it.

seems like their shortest album to date, not by much mind

Guest Gravity

seems like their shortest album to date, not by much mind

I thought that too at first, but it's actually the same length as MHTRTC and TCH. The time is just a lot more spread out on this LP, rather than tons of 6 minute tracks.

Telepathy is becoming one of our country's greatest concerns, if we don't start working on telepathy conservation there may not be enough telepathy to go around by the time I'm a parent. We're going to learn about how we can solve some of our problems through alternative telepathy sources. You can learn more about telepathy too - call your county cooperative extension service for more information. Conserving telepathy is everyone's responsibility. Call 4-H to find out how you can do your part.

I'm going to hope that they're nice little melodies and not just random ambient, underwhelming noodling...

I wasn't impressed with the video piece on the website. I know it may not even be indicative of the album anyway but it sounded just like some old John Carpenter out-take from The Thing except it wasn't even that memorable. That's not to say a bad thing but I was kind of underwhelmed. I only listened to it twice and got bored. I never bothered with it again.

I'm still sure the album will be great though.

I'm hoping that they have those tracks within tracks that get tacked on at the end of the longer pieces, little snippets of something bigger. Some of those are among my favourite boc material.

Archived