IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

I feel like I owe boc and a bunch of other artists a lot for what they've shared with me. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise about the music that fills their lives.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I be listen to a new BOC Marcus appears on my right and he rests his hand on my shoulder. And Michael appears on my left and he pours me a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea with one hand. Then they both whisper into my ears, "It's all good." I hope it happens again with T'sH.

I wonder what the Tokyo thing will be? They've already announced the album. Cannot imagine what could possibly be left. Something else from the album?

I wonder what the Tokyo thing will be? They've already announced the album. Cannot imagine what could possibly be left. Something else from the album?

probably a promotional thing, loopy footage, like they did with that record store

Fuck. I dreamt about BOC releasing their new album last night. Not on cd format, vinyl, or even in mp3. No.

It was released on a big blob of white paint. A big blob of paint for each customer.

Yeah, I mean, an Ambient-Album would be interesting, but ... honestly I prefer some fresh beats (especially after such a long wait)!

The material that's been published yet suggests to me that they put a lot of emphasis on the whole composition and overall structure of this album (as opposed to The Campfire Headphase which is somewhat structured but still seems more like a collection of individual songs) - so chances are the tracks are going to be more interwoven (alà Geogaddi, but probably a lot more than that even)

Also, has anyone noticed how the America-theme was actually somewhat introduced on their most recent release (Trans Canada EP)? You've got tracks titled Under the Coke Sign, Skyliner, Dayvan Cowboy ... seems that's what they're into at the moment!

I know. I'm so happy I decided to buy an SH-101. I kinda feel like I bought in prep for this a little, even though I got it before I knew there was a record coming out.

Also, has anyone noticed how the America-theme was actually somewhat introduced on their most recent release (Trans Canada EP)? You've got tracks titled Under the Coke Sign, Skyliner, Dayvan Cowboy ... seems that's what they're into at the moment!

They've probably always been a little North American by definition :wink:

Uhm ... okay. :emb:

Still, they haven't exactly "hinted" much USA stuff before TCH/TCH EP, have they...?

Branch Dravidians were in Texas, so there's some additional USA stuff

Not to mention Sesame Street (the Color of the Fire [also note the spelling of "color"], Whitewater [again, samples from Sesame Street]), and others I'm probably forgetting off the top of my head...

(I think) This album will be very special - easily in the same league as MHTRTC in terms of greatness and impact.

Archived