IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

question for those who preordered via bleep.

do you get anything else you wouldnt get by going into a store and picking it up when it's out the first day?

besides "reach for the dead" single from bleep i mean...

Often ordering Warp stuff from Warp Bleep, and particularly new albums, will get you a sticker, or other promotional stuff. But it's not a given.

I haven't gotten any stickers, badges, or any other kind of promo stuff from Bleep since 2009.

You get a free download of the album from Bleep, probably a few days before the announced release date.

I hope so and I hope it's in FLAC.

The album will be released in 320kbps MP3, 16-bit WAV and FLAC and 24-bit WAV.

That might mean for sale and the pre-orders come just with a shitty 320 mp3.

That's true, since at the moment it's pretty ambiguous.

With the last 3 Autechre releases I got the whole gamut of available download formats, I'm just assuming it would be the same here.

do you get anything else you wouldnt get by going into a store and picking it up when it's out the first day?

Often ordering Warp stuff from Warp Bleep, and particularly new albums, will get you a sticker, or other promotional stuff. But it's not a given.

I haven't gotten any stickers, badges, or any other kind of promo stuff from Bleep since 2009.

Were the exai stickers only included with bleep orders?

I preorder from bleep because it saves me some small amount of gas money and I get to download high quality files on or before release day.

you get to relax and spend time with your family. thanks bleep.

With the last 3 Autechre releases I got the whole gamut of available download formats, I'm just assuming it would be the same here.

I sent an email asking them to clear it up if there will be the whole range of downloads like it was with Exai.

you get a free cruciform, they always send me one.

Got a response from Bleep on the digital files that come with the order. It's unfortunately just MP3. A shame really. I guess I need to use alternative means to source my lossless digital version of it.

My friend at the pub said that the 320kbps mp3s and flacs will be transcodes from 128kbps mp3s, which were recorded off a cassette tape using a cheap dictaphone up against the speaker of an 80s boombox. Totally not worth it, imo. Might as well not even release the thing. What are they thinking.

Got a response from Bleep on the digital files that come with the order. It's unfortunately just MP3. A shame really. I guess I need to use alternative means to source my lossless digital version of it.

That's fucking stupid.

Guest jasondonervan

but i love you :(

Turn that frown upside down - It was just a formatting meltdown and my edit wasn't working. Turns out I was being dumb and thinking that the mp3 part of the order had updated or something, when it was just the RFTD mp3 all along.

God, that article sucks. "Track-by-Track" preview, but it only discusses less than half of the tracks. Also, what's with the claim that the album has been influenced by dubstep. No other preview has mentioned that, and nothing I heard suggests this. And these references to "Digital Mystikz" or whatever as BOC's alleged influences? Implausible. FInally, saying that "Reach for the Dead" was the only "leaked" track betrays a failure of understanding what the word "leaked" means.

if i hear a track of any new boc played in a cafe or used as scene setting music in a documentary or something.... that's it, i'm done, it's all gone too far

:cerious:

God, that article sucks. "Track-by-Track" preview, but it only discusses less than half of the tracks. Also, what's with the claim that the album has been influenced by dubstep. No other preview has mentioned that, and nothing I heard suggests this. And these references to "Digital Mystikz" or whatever as BOC's alleged influences? Implausible. FInally, saying that "Reach for the Dead" was the only "leaked" track betrays a failure of understanding what the word "leaked" means.

god i hate music journos.

"Sick Times"

Returning to more modern influences, "Sick Times" combines the warbled bass of a Burial track with BoC's signature feeling of mellow detachment.

has this person heard any music pre-dubstep?

Never thought I'd see the day when Boards would become mainstream enough for Rolling Stone Magazine.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/boards-of-canada-return-with-tomorrows-harvest-track-by-track-20130531

A new low, in my opinion.

Almost as bad as a "thank you" card from Twoism.

Almost.