IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Guest pixelives

The thing that is just so silly about that track was that is was pretty damn GOOD, sure a bit of a minor Ae clone, but technically very well done but it has been diminished by the fact it tried to play itself off as Ae. Now I don't really care. Probably would have wanted to hear more, but since the intention was wrong I'm over it.

Guest pixelives

Seriously. What is his problem? Like when he was basically outing my real identity during the Exai promo thing. Not that I really even care.

Anyone with an internet connection could do that.

Edited by pixelives

Seriously. What is his problem? Like when he was basically outing my real identity during the Exai promo thing. Not that I really even care.

tell me, did you tell the truth back then? #promo

someone tell me more about the tunes that heard them

joyrex has heard the full release and says they are all 'meaty, complex tracks' and an evolution/continuation of Exai.

The thing that is just so silly about that track was that is was pretty damn GOOD, sure a bit of a minor Ae clone, but technically very well done but it has been diminished by the fact it tried to play itself off as Ae. Now I don't really care. Probably would have wanted to hear more, but since the intention was wrong I'm over it.

I get you and think its lame people do fakes, but.... would you have even listened to it if you didnt think it was Ae? Think some people do fakes cause they find it funny and others do it to get people to listen

Anyhow i didnt listen to the fake or the samples, Looking forward to L-event Penetrating my virgin ears!

from the 45 second snippets that were floating around:

1st track is bristling, glitchy & micro-detailed.

2nd is like a punchy, antiseptic hiphop thing.. kinda like the evil twin of bladelores imo

3rd is a microwave oven dying of lung cancer, trippy stuff

4th seems more laid back, a weirdish synth playing a wonky/dreamy melody over a beat

yes, it connects to exai, but also seems more cristalline, imo. can't wait to hear this EP in full.

think it's gonna be very good.

from the 45 second snippets that were floating around:

1st track is bristling, glitchy & micro-detailed.

2nd is like a punchy, antiseptic hiphop thing.. kinda like the evil twin of bladelores imo

3rd is a microwave oven dying of lung cancer, trippy stuff

4th seems more laid back, a weirdish synth playing a wonky/dreamy melody over a beat

yes, it connects to exai, but also seems more cristalline, imo. can't wait to hear this EP in full.

think it's gonna be very good.

thats what i wanted to hear

The snippets length and quality do NOT do these tracks justice. Hearing it in full, with headphones or a decent LOUD sound system is the only way.

This is an excellent followup to Exai IMO. Right now, the last track is my favourite (can't recall the name at the moment), but I keep going back to each and finding new stuff on every re-listen.

Guest Rulohead32

The snippets length and quality do NOT do these tracks justice. Hearing it in full, with headphones or a decent LOUD sound system is the only way.

This is an excellent followup to Exai IMO. Right now, the last track is my favourite (can't recall the name at the moment), but I keep going back to each and finding new stuff on every re-listen.

The whole songs just gain in sound quality compared to the previews, or they also have amazing things that aren't represented by the previews?

I get you and think its lame people do fakes, but.... would you have even listened to it if you didnt think it was Ae? Think some people do fakes cause they find it funny and others do it to get people to listen

well I probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to listen. but it still doesn't change the fact that I actually want to buy an album/EP by whoever made that fake. so everybody wins, right? I get to listen to some awesome music and whoever made it gets my money.

The whole songs just gain in sound quality compared to the previews, or they also have amazing things that aren't represented by the previews?

There is no way in 45 seconds you could get an idea of the overall flow these songs have... like night and day.

seems like Autechre (or sean specifically) should consider doing an under the radar, mostly un-announced surprise self-release directly to their fans. If he's so concerned with making sure that any stores remove any preview clips of an album marketing by a rather large entity, why keep releasing things using the exact same model where this is absolutely guaranteed to keep happening utterly beyond his control as the artist? Seems like it would be endlessly frustrating for someone who has such an ana.... ahem 'specific' approach to previews/leaks things like that.

So sean if you're reading, why not do a release that will be a total surprise to anyone and no marketing entity or promotional campaign will have any chance whatsoever in ruining the surprise? You would be in full control of it. I can't remember a time where this didn't happen. (letting the cat out the bag earlier than autechre would have preferred). With the idea I'm suggesting, since only 2 people will be in the loop, the announcement could be a total surprise and have the exact effect they seem to want to have, no spoilers, no previews, just straight boom new autechre mother fuckers what are you gonna do.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Guest pixelives

tell me, did you tell the truth back then? #promo

Yes. I got it on Jan 17th. I've been told I'll be getting a fatdrop of this new one, but haven't yet. I also don't like bugging friends who are clearly busy, so I'm being patient. You also might recall I got in a bit of trouble with BoC and a specific date, so betw those things...

AE are Gods.

Can anyone else name a single group who continually produces this much music, and every single release is as good as or better than the last one? Or a totally new spin that's good in its own way or not comparable

Most are like two good releases tops then the rest live in their shadows.

No other electronic group could top or sidestep Chiastic Slide, or Confield, or Draft, or Untilted, or Quaristice even, or Oversteps or fucking anything yet AE constantly does it.

They aren't human, they must be aliens

I almost want to start laughing then crying at just how ridiculously good they are

Edited by Zeffolia