IGNORED

How come no venetian snares mention in featured artists?

PhylumZunami

What do you think of Venetian Snares Obel? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED

He's got a couple of seriously great tracks but I don't think I know of any other artists that try to wring more stale water out of the same old ideas. If you took all the worthwhile tracks from his entire career you might have a single album at best?

In terms of melodic ability it's virtually non existent. If you gauge how exciting and innovative music is by how fast, loud and abrasive it is, then yeah Venetian Snares is probably the most exciting music ever. It's just not interesting though.

And Venetian Snares stuff being different? Do me a fucking lemon.

Hey, at least I admit it's music though right? I'm not that much of a cunt. It ain't for me though, just puts me to sleep.

Oh and as for Venetian Snares live? Seen him three times, probably the most snoozeworthy stuff I've seen. Real insomnia cure tier.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think of Venetian Snares Obel? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED

He's got a couple of seriously great tracks but I don't think I know of any other artists that try to wring more stale water out of the same old ideas. If you took all the worthwhile tracks from his entire career you might have a single album at best?

In terms of melodic ability it's virtually non existent. If you gauge how exciting and innovative music is by how fast, loud and abrasive it is, then yeah Venetian Snares is probably the most exciting music ever. It's just not interesting though.

And Venetian Snares stuff being different? Do me a fucking lemon.

Hey, at least I admit it's music though right? I'm not that much of a cunt. It ain't for me though, just puts me to sleep.

Oh and as for Venetian Snares live? Seen him three times, probably the most snoozeworthy stuff I've seen. Real insomnia cure tier.

This is exactly how I feel about the dude!

I get some people don’t like V Snares and thats fair enough, but I think it’s well odd people still accuse him of being a 1 trick pony, Sure he has a signature sound but he has covered loads of different ground (and that rhymes so it must be true)

One trick pony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64uTSF6t4c

:cerious:

Since my-so-called-life, all his EPs have been exploring different realms and have included some of his best music yet (imo).

Cubist Reggae was just :music: I will not have a bad word said about this at all!

Affectionate EP was lovely acid squelchness.

Fool The Detector covered some intense electronica that was far from "traditional" breakcore.

Horsey Noises, even with the silly samples, covered lower tempo's and I actually wanna listen to this again when I get home.

Even the Speed Dealer Mom's collaboration was a brave improv-acid exploration and I was sad not to see the live performance of hear any more of the output other than the single.

There has also been the recent Last Step album which was rather unsettling and bloody good at it too. I thought some of the melodies in here were freakishly lovely.

Oh... and there is Poemms. Totally fucking unique to be honest.

One trick pony????

Do me a favour.

(aimed mainly at Obel at co.)

One trick pony?

Since my-so-called-life, all his EPs have been exploring different realms and have included some of his best music yet (imo).

Cubist Reggae was just :music: I will not have a bad word said about this at all!

Fool The Detector covered some intense electronica that was far from "traditional" breakcore.

Horsey Noises, even with the silly samples, covered lower tempo's and I actually wanna listen to this again when I get home.

Even the Speed Dealer Mom's collaboration was a brave improv-acid exploration and I was sad not to see the live performance of hear any more of the output other than the single.

There has also been the recent Last Step album which was rather unsettling and bloody good at it too. I thought some of the melodies in here were freakishly lovely.

One trick pony????

Do me a favour.

I knew there was one I really liked... that cubist reggae was the one... thanks feltch.

Delete: don't associate with that moniker anymore... moved on.

Yeah, at least he's doing something and a lot of it. I agree with the melodic complaint and i feel that he really doesn't get the funk. But i dig his spirit of adventure, and have happily listened to many of his tings. [-;

Perhaps he's noticed WATMM has grown up in the past few years and wouldn't be against being associated with it.

I think things have chilled a bit since BOC released TH. I think before that, sometimes watmm did seem like a war-zone. Of which I regularly threw in a few grenades.

There was definitely a lot of vitriol being spewed during the Radio Silence.

You lie, we've always been nice apart from a few notable exceptions many of whom do not post here any more, if anything it's the artists that have had the 'growing up' to do. heh ;-p :: E|-;

I could count the # of artists on 1 hand who could even approach making something at this level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5vd3UJJw6o

I'm working on some stuff right now thats very similar to this. Its a shame more people aren't into pushing themselves as hard as possible when it comes to writing music haha. we need more artists like him. datach'i is nuts if you've never listened to him btw.

Heh

Personally I'm cool with 'hate' posts, I think music fans (especially younger ones) should show strong emotions either of love or hate. It goes both ways. It's just opinions. And I think VS is a bit pathetic. Wasn't he once a pissed off kid with rebellious views? Whining to Joyrex. Fuck him

Heh

Personally I'm cool with 'hate' posts, I think music fans (especially younger ones) should show strong emotions either of love or hate. It goes both ways. It's just opinions. And I think VS is a bit pathetic. Wasn't he once a pissed off kid with rebellious views? Whining to Joyrex. Fuck him

i'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that all the aphex twin fans think his whole discography was based off of drukqs.

That is what's really pathetic, honestly. And also, everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it be positive or not, but to just trash his music over things such as aphex twin comparisons is lame.

I don't think obel has listened to anything he's done since like 2005. A lot of the comments seem to be aimed at his music from 2005 and before.

Wrong.

One trick pony?

One trick pony????

Do me a favour.

I knew there was one I really liked... that cubist reggae was the one... thanks feltch.

Delete: don't associate with that moniker anymore... moved on.

Fuuuq I forgot about this album.

Be back in a bit.

One trick pony my arse.

Vsnares is one of the most experimental and innovative artists out there. He's not afraid to push boundries and make "mistakes" which is what good artists do. I just consider the recurrent aesthetic to be his unique voice. But anyway you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is ill informed and ludicrus.

Archived