IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Bashing the 'ripping' technique isn't really being constructive. Suggest an actual transfer house or find something better and post that

xy_politics has already suggested someone that may be able to do what we need, I believe Joyrex is looking into it

Guest jasondonervan

This'll be fine, right ?

fisher_price_01.jpeg

Come on Pete, at least try and take it seriously. Here's some appropriate audiophile gear for the job.

Edited by jasondonervan

So does RDJ still have the original files for this record? If so, I don't know why we're bothering with this rip the vinyl shit...

this was already answered in the thread, mate

So does RDJ still have the original files for this record? If so, I don't know why we're bothering with this rip the vinyl shit...

this was already answered in the thread, mate

But... do they have the original files?

lol

this would have been recorded to, dat or tape, both of which are probaly fucked or worse for wear.

tho i suppose someone like aphex may have copied these to digital format for archive purposes or may have just thought fuck it and forgotten about it?

so the vinyl is probably the best source for the audio.

i mean look at the problems with the boc represses and they were form the original plates and they were shitty

i wish everyone would stop saying "files", this was pressed in 1994 for fuck sake

Edited by miim

this would have been recorded to, dat or tape, both of which are probaly fucked or worse for wear.

tho i suppose someone like aphex may have copied these to digital format for archive purposes or may have just thought fuck it and forgotten about it?

so the vinyl is probably the best sourse for the audio.

i mean look at the problems with the boc represses and they were form the original plates and they were shitty

that was because someone (or multiple people) seriously fucked up.

Bashing the 'ripping' technique isn't really being constructive. Suggest an actual transfer house or find something better and post that

I was referring to username "frankly"'s post on Kickstarter, not the "ripping" technique itself. Chill.

Joyrex, since this is clearly leagues ahead of the original goal in funding, do you have a plan for the excess funds? I think everyone would love a physical pressing without question, so depending on how high this goes, could Rephlex be convinced to add a stretch goal for this where if we reach another benchmark they'll do a vinyl pressing? I can say with certainty that it would encourage even more people (like me) to donate even more, and you might even still be left with excess funds after the records are pressed.

Joyrex, since this is clearly leagues ahead of the original goal in funding, do you have a plan for the excess funds? I think everyone would love a physical pressing without question, so depending on how high this goes, could Rephlex be convinced to add a stretch goal for this where if we reach another benchmark they'll do a vinyl pressing? I can say with certainty that it would encourage even more people (like me) to donate even more, and you might even still be left with excess funds after the records are pressed.

Interesting idea. I'd love to have a vinyl copy. Any idea of the cost to press, say, 2000?

I'm just speechless... really. This is insane. Super happy, but super tired - you have no idea how much time this eats up!

I'm going to try and get the FAQ on Kickstarter set up today, but in short:

Yes, this will be sent to a professional outfit for conversion - I *think* we might have enough to cover those costs now. :emotawesomepm9:

A lot of people are asking about the excess funds - the bandwidth/delivery costs could potentially be in the 1000's, so we are evaluating options right now.

I cannot change the funding date for the Kickstarter (I wanted to reduce it to two weeks so people would get their music sooner), but alas I cannot. If we can deliver the digital files sooner, than by all means we will (but not before May 10, which is when the KS ends).

More as things develop - enjoy the crazy ride for now, and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has not only supported WATMM over the years, but everyone who believed in this project.

*crawls under desk to get some sleep*

Jesus, lot of reddit folks and others are already bitching and derp derping about the whole thing. Man, I hate being in the know about a subject and then watching the public self-congratulate their loud ignorance regarding the said subject at hand.

A friend of mine recently got 100 copies of a 2xLP compilation pressed for $2000, so it's not cheap, but definitely doable if we have enough backers.

More as things develop - enjoy the crazy ride for now, and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has not only supported WATMM over the years, but everyone who believed in this project.

Yeah man, you've been wheeling and dealing, take a breather and thanks so much!

I'm just speechless... really. This is insane. Super happy, but super tired - you have no idea how much time this eats up!

I'm going to try and get the FAQ on Kickstarter set up today, but in short:

Yes, this will be sent to a professional outfit for conversion - I *think* we might have enough to cover those costs now. :emotawesomepm9:

A lot of people are asking about the excess funds - the bandwidth/delivery costs could potentially be in the 1000's, so we are evaluating options right now.

I cannot change the funding date for the Kickstarter (I wanted to reduce it to two weeks so people would get their music sooner), but alas I cannot. If we can deliver the digital files sooner, than by all means we will (but not before May 10, which is when the KS ends).

thank YOU! :D

Jesus, lot of reddit folks and others are already bitching and derp derping about the whole thing. Man, I hate being in the know about a subject and then watching the public self-congratulate their loud ignorance regarding the said subject at hand.

I feel like this a lot of the time.

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Yeah man, you've been wheeling and dealing, take a breather and thanks so much!

Agreed

Examples pls. I'm curious