IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

why isn't there an Aphex Twin wiki? like a super in depth discography (incl live shows/bootlegs that exist, outtakes, comps, remixes, etc etc)... with ability to comment and discuss on these releases? it'd be an awesome reference.

Wonder if we could create something like that at WATMM, and have that function as a subpage?

That's what WATMM had, when it had a site proper attached to it... I'm... working on it :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why isn't there an Aphex Twin wiki? like a super in depth discography (incl live shows/bootlegs that exist, outtakes, comps, remixes, etc etc)... with ability to comment and discuss on these releases? it'd be an awesome reference.

Wonder if we could create something like that at WATMM, and have that function as a subpage?

That's what WATMM had, when it had a site proper attached to it... I'm... working on it :rolleyes:

Should throw up a WATMM Wikia setup or something simple like that. Most featured artists have already been fleshed out and you'd just need a few contributors to round it out.

Sweet!!! Looking forward to that! Us catalog/discography geeks will have a cow :D

That would be great!

So yeah: Since the CW LP seemed like a pretty straight forward rip process that happened last Friday can you clarify what is still going on this week that is holding up the release?

That would be great!

So yeah: Since the CW LP seemed like a pretty straight forward rip process that happened last Friday can you clarify what is still going on this week that is holding up the release?

maybe they found out that CW LP is utter shit after a single listen that they dont dare to release it? Maybe right now they try to fix the problem paying people back there filthy lucres ? ;-) ;-)

Edited by Staadrengen

That would be great!

I would imagine that it may be to do with sorting out the final distribution of the files. of course, whatever server will be hosting the content will get battered to fuck upon release, so it needs to be a service that can stand up to the demand.

I would hope that Joyrex hasn't chosen Bleep to host the files...

I would imagine that it may be to do with sorting out the final distribution of the files. of course, whatever server will be hosting the content will get battered to fuck upon release, so it needs to be a service that can stand up to the demand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that it might be done through a Bandcamp page? That was a while ago and maybe just an idea, though. If it's not Bandcamp, I'm with you in hoping that whenever server the files are being hosted on will be up to snuff for handling the traffic it'll get on release day.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got ab5 bundled!

As you all ofcourse know ; a pretty god rip og AB5 can be found at dimeadozen.

AFX (aka Aphex Twin)

Analogue Bubblebath 5

Rephlex CAT034EP (Vinyl Test Pressing Only)

Lineage: CDR(1) > EAC > WAV > FLAC 1.1.0 -8

Source: Unreleased Vinyl Test Pressing

File Size: 233mb (flac -8)

I hope for something never heard before as bonus.

Edited by Staadrengen

Guest jasondonervan

iy7FtHKw9Bo3n.jpg

iy7FtHKw9Bo3n.jpg

No, Bleep is not hosting them.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got ab5 bundled!

As you all ofcourse know ; a pretty god rip og AB5 can be found at dimeadozen.

AFX (aka Aphex Twin)

Analogue Bubblebath 5

Rephlex CAT034EP (Vinyl Test Pressing Only)

Lineage: CDR(1) > EAC > WAV > FLAC 1.1.0 -8

Source: Unreleased Vinyl Test Pressing

File Size: 233mb (flac -8)

I hope for something never heard before as bonus.

LOL @ the "lineage" - CDr as source? so if it went vinyl to CDr, that means the audio was capped at 16-bit/14400, right? Then, reduced again by FLAC conversion? Wouldn't that make it less than stellar (I personally don't care THAT much about audio fidelity, but some here do)?

LOL @ the "lineage" - CDr as source? so if it went vinyl to CDr, that means the audio was capped at 16-bit/14400, right? Then, reduced again by FLAC conversion? Wouldn't that make it less than stellar (I personally don't care THAT much about audio fidelity, but some here do)?

If it went straight from vinyl to CD-R, that suggests to me that someone used one of those shitty all-in-one Crosleys or whatever that let you burn a disc straight from a rip. Obviously the popular AB5 rip does not sound bad at all, so I suspect this lineage is erroneous. At any rate, even if a CD-R was involved at some point, the files are 16-bit/44.1kHz anyway, so nothing would have been lost there.

If it went straight from vinyl to CD-R, that suggests to me that someone used one of those shitty all-in-one Crosleys or whatever that let you burn a disc straight from a rip. Obviously the popular AB5 rip does not sound bad at all, so I suspect this lineage is erroneous. At any rate, even if a CD-R was involved at some point, the files are 16-bit/44.1kHz anyway, so nothing would have been lost there.

Ah, I see - yeah, it doesn't sound bad, but still wondering.

so any word yet if the chosen lord has put his sigil of approvement on the digital rip, joyrex?

you don't seem 2 deny there will be bonus material, do you :emotawesomepm9:

soooon!!!!!

Ah, I see - yeah, it doesn't sound bad, but still wondering.

I'd be far more worried about what equipment s/he used to rip the disc with (what turntable/preamp, audio-in settings, post-processing, etc.). The technical specifications don't matter to my ears because if you can tell a difference past about 256kbps and 44.1kHz you're already inhuman (most people have a hearing range of up to around 20kHz). I'm just an autistic archivist, so my interest in quality only runs as far as statistic data. My ears don't care as long as it's at least 192kbps.

It's his birthday in a couple of months, maybe they're gonna delay and release it then instead, cat23 for his bday43

Edited by Guest