IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

does anybody know what is being said in russian at the beginning of Syro u473t8+e (Piezoluminescence Mix)?

does anybody know what is being said in russian at the beginning of Syro u473t8+e (Piezoluminescence Mix)?

Something like "This is stretches of the time of troubles". And in previous track it's diminutive word for socks (Nosochki).

Guest jasondonervan

...And in previous track it's diminutive word for socks (Nosochki).

ibjk9cNWe7bIgm.jpg

Bleep = Blerp = Twerp

twerp
twəːp/
noun
informal
noun: twerp; plural noun: twerps; noun: twirp; plural noun: twirps
  1. a silly or annoying person.
Origin
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
Edited by beerwolf

Those high pitched detuned synths that creep up in the background of 180db_ sound to me to be mimicking the effects of tinnitus. Especially when the drums drop out of the mix at around 2 mins and you're just left with this whistley echoing.

okay, i hate my speakers, what headphones should i buy, budget of £60-80, one recommendation of in ear and over ear, k thanks

Grado SR80e. They're open backed though, so other people will hear the music if you're listening to them so they're not great for in work or on the bus.

i agree. i was going to suggest grados if open-backs fit the bill. for closed, check out Audio-Technica ATH-M50S.

Guest bitroast

IMO a bit of squarepusher and Wagon Christ influence in this album, unusual as his stuff normally tends have a very personal sound.

yeah. straight off the bat the album sounds a little looser and mellower (production and editing is still top notch aphex level shit, but the vibe is mellow and playful).

as such, it seems less bothered about showing a little of its influences :)

Guest jasondonervan

IMO a bit of squarepusher and Wagon Christ influence in this album, unusual as his stuff normally tends have a very personal sound.

First thing that sprung to mind when listening to Produk 29 was Vibert.

Guest bitroast

First thing that sprung to mind when listening to Produk 29 was Vibert.

some of the melodies in syro uu47318+e are jenkinson-esque, (if squarepusher comparisons had to be made!)

Almost through my first listen, my god it's good. Very Anal/Tussy but I'm not complaining

I actually quite like that it's going to be an evolution of those styles (2.5 hours until I can listen....). It's almost like he's finally saying, 'it's all me, guys'. Even though he's not revolutionising music forever, it sounds like the biggest surprise is his willingness to blow apart the stigmatised 'Aphex Twin' name and show it for what it's always been: a brand.

To be honest I think his music released outside of the AT moniker is as good if not better.

Almost through my first listen, my god it's good. Very Anal/Tussy but I'm not complaining

It's almost like he's finally saying, 'it's all me, guys'. Even though he's not revolutionising music forever, it sounds like the biggest surprise is his willingness to blow apart the stigmatised 'Aphex Twin' name and show it for what it's always been: a brand.

eh?