IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

lol, there are movers in the office today shuffling some desks around, and one of the guys just came up to my desk and asked "where'd you get the sticker and card from?" pointing at the Syro dropcard/sticker; I just said "from the record" and he said "cool" and walked off. Guess I should have been all like "lol d00d u like idmz too omg" and then played some synthesizers

Guest cult fiction

Sorry I don't think the snarfs in 4bit/rock up are the same actually, was previously listening on my work headphones which are not the greatest. I guess his son is just a chip off the ol' snarf.

Big fan of Rob Swire here, but he's kind of missing the point about releasing more matured material for posterity versus releasing the "latest and hottest".

lol at the guy from Pendulum and Knife Party having a problem with the way an authentic artist releases music

Edited by Jobe

I'm really surprised that there isn't even a sniff of this album on YouTube yet. (not including Minipops and live clips)

On one hand, that's pretty good going. It's obviously encouraged everyone to buy the album, or at least check it out on Spotify. The downside is that all the non/casual Aphex fans will be exposed to the shitty fakes, and assume they're legit.

Not saying all the fakes are shit, but a good 95% of them are fucking terrible.

And even then, Syro > the good fakes

IMO

:emotawesomepm9:

Wanna see something cool?

346wzn9.jpg

Not exactly Syro related, but I was watching Eastbound & Down last night and noticed this.

2qkjcs6.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this before, but I thought it'd share it anyway.

woah, love eastbound & down never saw that, well spotted, 'kenny motherfucking apex'in powers'

Guest jasondonervan

Highly random, but the 4th iteration of the VOCALOID speech synthesis software was just announced by Yamaha in Japan. Relation to Afex? Look closely at the laptop of the guy from CRYPTON (the company under Yamaha that produce it) at the announcement:

B24eFurCIAEmyft.jpg