IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

4 bit still sounds weird to me. i think its the snare, also the beatmashing thing here

at 1:08 is disappointingly not part of the released version Edited by isaki

4 bit still sounds weird to me. i think its the snare, also the beatmashing thing here

at 1:08 is disappointingly not part of the released version

havent heard this. really different vibe. maybe its just fresh, but i like this verison better...that snares!

havent heard this. really different vibe. maybe its just fresh, but i like this verison better...that snares!

No wonder I liked these versions better. So much more alive sounding and the beat mashing/big snare brings the energy up quite a bit. Almost want to put a bit of reverb on the Syro versions to see if it gives it a less sterile feel.

Guest chops727

No wonder I liked these versions better. So much more alive sounding and the beat mashing/big snare brings the energy up quite a bit. Almost want to put a bit of reverb on the Syro versions to see if it gives it a less sterile feel.

play it in a big echoey room then!

play it in a big echoey room then!

When I find a big echoey room to play it in I'll do just that. Might even throw it into traktor dj software and beatmash the shit out of it. (actually sounds kind of fun)

Anyone else has noticed the similarity between the starting beat of Syro on Minipops by Aphex and the starting beat of Good Programs on Gauloise Scented by Bochum? It's practically the same groove sounding different.

Edited by MassfreeKid

i dont care if its syro or not

i had this girlfriend, we were really close friends, wanted to have a baby and normal family, as others. My musical dreams were dissolving, i couldnt make a hit track in several years. Everything i done was an aphex copycat or simple idm/electronics of some sort. Nothing original or special, nothing that would hit the boundaries of music and set the new horizons that i wanted. I didnt want to make tracks or music thats already been somewhere, somehow. Thats lazy fuckballs to me.

I kept trying untill i realised that its pointless. You cant become supermaster even if you try. Every favorite artist just been awesome from the start and dont really changed. Look at beatles, elvis, prodigy, aphex, rhcp, edmx, limp bizkit, madonna, moby, squarepusher, cylob, eod, j.kedrecks, metallica, nirvana...they always were been that they are, yes polished that bits but it doesnt matter, theit spirit was there from the start and it didnt changed at all

its so depressing from becoming artist to....fan, that i dont even know how to describe it. im sure you all know. its like you are loosing your best part and becoming that one stupid sheep from the herd. im really ashamed of myself, in school i was best in art class, music class, history class, math, literature, astrology, litrature (i really read a lot and i still do) etc untill i started to make idms and thought to myself wut the fuck do i do later with my life? whats the point in all of this if i cant be original or better that afex?

i lost several girlfriends, even that one that i should have married and have children with. i am really fucking sad. the worst thing that could happen. happened. i acknoledge that. i acknoledge that i am a stupid moose that lost best girlfiend i could ever imagime/. Every human shall have his own path, every richard shall have his own bank, every strained shal have its own dickhead. fuck that shit/. it soesnt matter at all now, i just feel what i got to do...

I really wish others all the best and try to do their thing on my own, but....fuck that sideways

i wish you could be proud and worried cause its all about you and not me! dont die! we are with yopu! really, nerd, we are WITH YOU MUZAFUCER!!!! just fucking get over with it u dumb assfellaw

Edited by Mag

i had this girlfriend, we were really close friends, wanted to have a baby and normal family, as others. My musical dreams were dissolving, i couldnt make a hit track in several years. Everything i done was an aphex copycat or simple idm/electronics of some sort. Nothing original or special, nothing that would hit the boundaries of music and set the new horizons that i wanted. I didnt want to make tracks or music thats already been somewhere, somehow. Thats lazy fuckballs to me.

I kept trying untill i realised that its pointless. You cant become supermaster even if you try. Every favorite artist just been awesome from the start and dont really changed. Look at beatles, elvis, prodigy, aphex, rhcp, edmx, limp bizkit, madonna, moby, squarepusher, cylob, eod, j.kedrecks, metallica, nirvana...they always were been that they are, yes polished that bits but it doesnt matter, theit spirit was there from the start and it didnt changed at all

its so depressing from becoming artist to....fan, that i dont even know how to describe it. im sure you all know. its like you are loosing your best part and becoming that one stupid sheep from the herd. im really ashamed of myself, in school i was best in art class, music class, history class, math, literature, astrology, litrature (i really read a lot and i still do) etc untill i started to make idms and thought to myself wut the fuck do i do later with my life? whats the point in all of this if i cant be original or better that afex?

i lost several girlfriends, even that one that i should have married and have children with. i am really fucking sad. the worst thing that could happen. happened. i acknoledge that. i acknoledge that i am a stupid moose that lost best girlfiend i could ever imagime/. Every human shall have his own path, every richard shall have his own bank, every strained shal have its own dickhead. fuck that shit/. it soesnt matter at all now, i just feel what i got to do...

I really wish others all the best and try to do their thing on my own, but....fuck that sideways

i wish you could be proud and worried cause its all about you and not me! dont die! we are with yopu! really, nerd, we are WITH YOU MUZAFUCER!!!! just fucking get over with it u dumb assfellaw

idm - not even once.

just look at the syro artwork to unterstand its 10% about the music and 90% about marketing. did you spend 100.000 quid to promote your records? I guess not

lol, it's ok mate, i am one of those super original talents and haven't bothered to write anything for years due to apathy. heh (take that with a grain or two of salt, remember that i'm pretty up myself deep down inside).

Also, everyday is a fresh start, don't despair for things gone past, you can't reconquer it.

even if you archive to be like aphex you are still some sort of coverband. look at the people signed to rephlex recently. they don't become aphex in way just by covering his sound.

Failing at imitation is a perfectly valid way of finding one's own voice

yeah pretty much—wasn't there some interview somewhere with Grant or Richard where he said that the IDM thing came about because people were trying to make rave/techno music but couldn't quite get it?

I mean I get it; I used to make Autechre ripoff stuff and it got to a point where I just wasn't having fun anymore.. so I just started to do whatever, no matter how cheesy. I'm not exactly popular/successful as a musician but why do I need to be? I've got a job and a girlfriend and both are accommodating to my musical endeavours

Edited by modey

Ivan Ooze, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Syro is not included in the boomkat end of the year top100

http://boomkat.com/collections/boomkat-100-favourite-albums-2014-chart

xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5

Well at least they're honest in apparently not liking it that much. Unlike so many lists where to my feeling Syro is included just because it created such a big fuzz.

Edited by borys

do you think that the fact of analouge gear being recreated or all those new cheap analogs like volca etc could somehow influence richards decision to release new music?

like an analogue bible or smmtink? :D

AFF16A89-ABE4-4E1C-B15A-6F7D16384264_zps

Damn, now I want a gyro.