IGNORED

Worst Album Covers of All Time (The Definitive List)

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 8:11 PM, zkom said:

Just came across this, wtf. Yes, it's a chill out music compilation. Has some Wagon Christ also.

image-asset.jpeg

Yeah, '90s ambient is more often than not really bad for album covers, but this is a whole new level. 
Here are some favourites of mine:

p-9.jpg
lol1.jpg
lol2.jpg
lol3.jpg
lol10.jpg
lol16.jpg
lol19.jpg
lol21.jpg
lol25.jpg
lol27.jpg
lol29.jpg
lol31.jpg
lol36.jpg

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 3

On 1/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Daryl putting in some effort, John half assing it as usual 

21B0A94F-24E3-4438-8A58-ABB38BED3657.jpeg

I do wonder about the decision making process here, where they both agreed this was the image they wanted to represent their music.  I know the same could be said for most of these, but Hall & Oates were huge.  Some thought must have been put into it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Yeah, '90s ambient is more often than not really bad for album covers, but this is a whole new level. 

p-9.jpg
lol1.jpg
lol2.jpg
lol3.jpg
lol10.jpg
lol16.jpg
lol19.jpg
lol21.jpg
lol25.jpg
lol27.jpg
lol29.jpg
lol31.jpg
lol36.jpg

Psytrance is another genre where you're likely to find horrible CGI covers. Of course suomisaundi artists took the whole thing to a new level and took a complete piss out of it..

pilluminatu.jpg

pimper.jpg

• Haha 2

Yeah, those '90s ones do have the benefit that unless you had some serious (and expensive) computing power, that was probably the best you could do in 1994. It's why FSOL's art of the same era looks so much better, because they Virgin bankrolling their graphics. Whereas the psy scene really should know better, but keeps coming out with ludicrously busy looking obnoxious cheap looking CG full of Buddhas in space with mushrooms floating round their heads to this day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, purlieu said:

p-9.jpg
lol1.jpg
lol2.jpg
lol3.jpg
lol10.jpg
lol16.jpg
lol19.jpg
lol21.jpg
lol25.jpg
lol27.jpg
lol29.jpg
lol31.jpg
lol36.jpg

Sonic Voyagers was the guy from Zen Paradox, my friend had this CD, lol

10 hours ago, purlieu said:

And of course, the most important aspect of a psy album cover: you only have to make half, or even a quarter of it, then just mirror the bits you've made.

Yeah, neon-colors and all kinds of abstract, futuristic, religious and mystic stuff on see through layers so it looks like you're looking at it while tripping on 5 hits of acid.

Reminds me of one internet discussion where people were listing the most ridiculous psy-trance lyrics or speech samples. One of the funniest ones was "Let's go back in the time machine / To ancient India / And smoke Hashish with Lord Shiva"

On 2/2/2021 at 4:57 PM, purlieu said:

Yeah, those '90s ones do have the benefit that unless you had some serious (and expensive) computing power, that was probably the best you could do in 1994. It's why FSOL's art of the same era looks so much better, because they Virgin bankrolling their graphics. Whereas the psy scene really should know better, but keeps coming out with ludicrously busy looking obnoxious cheap looking CG full of Buddhas in space with mushrooms floating round their heads to this day.

3CC34C0F-B0D0-4E6E-AD4F-97007C947361.jpeg

• 2 months later...