IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

this one? unofficial name I think

yes! I have very fond memories of this and the rest of the Aphex bootleg from the same time period. I would bet my life on him having a lot of unreleased high bpm breaky tracks like this

my word, how have i never heard this?

i dont know, but after listening to it again its interesting how much it sounds like stuff Venetian Snares made about decade later. That irregular time signature + silly melody especially reminds me of vsnares. really great track, would love to hear anything and everything he did in a jungly style

I'd love to have the real Crappy I uploaded years ago to the interwebs. Gabbro Rod Fix (incorrectly renamed Crappy over the years) would be wicked too!

this one? unofficial name I think

yes! I have very fond memories of this and the rest of the Aphex bootleg from the same time period. I would bet my life on him having a lot of unreleased high bpm breaky tracks like this

my word, how have i never heard this?

i dont know, but after listening to it again its interesting how much it sounds like stuff Venetian Snares made about decade later. That irregular time signature + silly melody especially reminds me of vsnares. really great track, would love to hear anything and everything he did in a jungly style
woah! that track!

So it looks like we're at 1996 at this point. Also, holy shit that Donkey Rhubarb remix.

donkey is from 93 (or possibly earlier)

Yeah I'm going by release date, though even that's 95, haha.

My productivity is so fucking shot. I can't think about anything else.

I'm happily having a slow day at work. I'd be in hell otherwise.

So it looks like we're at 1996 at this point. Also, holy shit that Donkey Rhubarb remix.

donkey is from 93 (or possibly earlier)

But the Heliosphan version he played at his '97 gigs sounds like it was made in 95 or 96.

There's no synth too big

No synth too small

Cause he can play em all!

a-a-a-aphex twin

oldschool pastor

a-a-a-aphex twin

funky master

No, no, he never fails

once he's involved

somehow his tracks do not get old

a-a-a-aphex twin!

Edited by Mag

Someone posted a bit ago about a video game that used Aphex's tracks and it had an in-game tune that was pretty obviously Aphex. I wonder if we can ask him about it/get him to put it up on here? It sounded hella decent. There's a youtube video floating around somewhere.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

There's no synth too big

No synth too small

Cause he play em all!

a-a-a-aphex twin

oldschool pastor

a-a-a-aphex twin

funky master

No, no, he never fails

once he's involved

somehow his tracks do not get old

a-a-a-aphex twin!

can we please make an aphex tribute track like this lol

I'd love to have the real Crappy I uploaded years ago to the interwebs. Gabbro Rod Fix (incorrectly renamed Crappy over the years) would be wicked too!

Basically yes. And yes. So much yes. (Never realised what a strange word 'yes' is written down but yes.)