IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Hi, not sure if i missed these but what are the track names of the 2 you say were briefly available?

thanks

red calx (first one) and girl boy dark version

thanks mate

i really like the sentiment of the 'fly away babies, good luck!' endearing attachment to his tracks. don't fret aphex, i'll look after your babies well

Guest jbartee

Sorry everyone if this has been done already, but on the googledoc there is the comment about CCAI2 and the contract break etc... I assume this is a troll?

Why would he release AB6 if he just gave it away?

oh god. plz let this be real

Guest gorfman666

sSCichh.png

Decided to Split it up into 8 albums/14 tracks each. Named it "The Ravers Friend Vol. 1-8" and it plays in the order it was released. made some art too. This will be a little easier for me to dive into.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQYhiZLR!0JgeqyNmIi2kCJDCTuO3-6Dt3tnKFk1r9K2TO1kb4Yo

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

I've left the filenames unchanged, but tags are as follows.

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

Album: user48736353001

Track number: Order they were uploaded

Title: As on Soundcloud (so sometimes different from the file name)

I also added his comments and embedded the artwork for each track.

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

Legend, thanks dude

sSCichh.png

Decided to Split it up into 8 albums/14 tracks each. Named it "The Ravers Friend Vol. 1-8" and it plays in the order it was released. made some art too. This will be a little easier for me to dive into.

Do you mind sharing these beautiful artwork in high resolution? Thx man, oh what a week!

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

Legend, thanks dude

Indeed, top job manmower :beer:

Guest gorfman666

sSCichh.png

Do you mind sharing these beautiful artwork in high resolution? Thx man, oh what a week!

http://imgur.com/qGdq48K,x9qawYP,wqxxQgD,NxSD9E2,asTjrsz,mpYJgKP,TX8xgWA,9zI3jRW

sSCichh.png

fucking beautiful. don't like the fact that he gave them an invented name but that can change.

i really like the sentiment of the 'fly away babies, good luck!' endearing attachment to his tracks. don't fret aphex, i'll look after your babies well

Me too! There are decades' worth of memories tied to these tracks. I reckon it would be quite an emotionally rich experience to summon all those private memories at once, think back on each one briefly, and let them all fly free in one generous feat.

Edited by jsmcpn

Cheers manmower, download fine, great work!

:music: *Listens to Sams Car straight away*

sSCichh.png

http://imgur.com/qGdq48K,x9qawYP,wqxxQgD,NxSD9E2,asTjrsz,mpYJgKP,TX8xgWA,9zI3jRW

Thank you kindly.

A few new revelations in the file names. One of the moodular tracks is called has 100m in the filename, for instance.

According to an old interview, he bought an 100m when he was 13, so that makes sense. Although he says he didn't have any money, which makes less sense. Were they really that cheap when digital synths were new fangled?

Thanks! You are a star, saved me buggering about with soundcloud etc. Downloaded pretty quick as well :)

Great work! Thanks for taking the time to put this together so nicely.

I'm sorry but how come those files are at 320kbps? I could only get them at 128 and I believe there's no way to rip it higher from soundcloud.

RDJ enabled downloads. Most of the files are 320.

Edited by En Ex

finished getting all my mp3s tagged with his track comments and artwork n shit but i'm having an internal conflict over whether to keep the numbers or get rid of them... what's the general consensus?

Some of the less intuitive filenames, in case you have trouble finding a particular track:

"bell bass" is "ep string"

"23 100m 3" is "23 modular3[live gig]"
"9 100m 2" is "9 leeds orbit[live]"
"25 arrd" is "25 funnel"
"5 jap flute energy rave" is "5 sline"
Sorry if this is a dupe, I can't keep up!