IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

ab6 would have been an awesome album (or is if these are all the tracks that would have been on it). Does anyone know any unrealeased aphex tracks that havnt been put on the soundcloud (besides the one that might be squareousher collab or whatever it might be)? maybe hope for a best of unreleased tracks offical release?

i've been crushing 70's tune and with my family nonstop for the last couple of days. can't wait for dat 320 goodness. will seed torrent overnite. thanks to whoever put it together!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FE653M2DT47WTDHSDIZP3SCYZEFC7DJR&dn=earlyAFX320&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce

Thanks, 4d0lf!

ILoYQxZl.jpg

Edited by fanisk

did i already mention how fucking better these downloaded tracks sound goddamn

absolutely. it's been the most amazing week ever. now watch pitchfork come and try to downplay the significance like their druqks review. :D

what if this was all a bribe for a much deserved grammy win?...

Edited by locustlx

Yay...finally have the new files downloaded, artwork'd, and fully tagged (including some guesswork). Whew! That was a labor (of love). Can't wait to try out the new higher quality tracks :biggrin:

Checking in after a few hours away from this thread—I expected way more new posts. Did everybody have a heart attack and die? Blink once if you can hear what I am saying!

Guest jbartee

a bunch (maybe like half) of the '320' mp3s look like this

8f275b64fe.jpg

:catface:

Makes sense. Cassettes generally had a frequency response of 50hz to 16khz, so anything above that would just be noise. I'm assuming these are the older tracks that were mastered straight to consumer tape

Bit rate and sample rate aren’t the same thing. My understanding is that mp3 encoders running at a lower bit rate will lowpass audio prior to encoding to improve the quality of the encoding, but this doesn’t mean that all audio that has been lowpassed is “proof” of a particular bitrate. It’s a correlation-does-not-imply-causation kind of situation.

Please feel free to correct me, anyone, if you know different.

Guest cult fiction

Given the average age of an aphex fan in 2015 I don't think anybody's going to miss those >16khz :duckhunt:

edited because i forgot wha year it was

Edited by cult fiction