IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

hah love that he didnt think that one 1995 clips was him . I really thought it was (and fits the 94 style). could have sworn he already answered that request with "dont think i recorded that one"

11 phlangebeat

12 phuqed up

13 Phukup2

has anyone put together the possible discs/collections that these are coming from? these really go together and there are a few right next to eachother that sound sim. this is the only set of 3 i can think of that sound like they were on the same "disc"

11 phlangebeat

12 phuqed up

13 Phukup2

has anyone put together the possible discs/collections that these are coming from? these really go together and there are a few right next to eachother that sound sim. this is the only set of 3 i can think of that sound like they were on the same "disc"

i was thinking maybe the prefix numbers refer to numbered dat tapes

Finally, the Windowlicker scratch intro mystery has been solved!

@chris-lockwood-14: yeah i think i gave the master to cunningham and it got lost, not sure,will check, btw its all me inc. the scratching, people kept asking me is that Luke? if it was luke i would have credited him, funny how people like to assume wht you can and can't do.

And that 11th track from the Joyrex tape was a collab with Cylob apparently, and he is just as keen on Richard as he is/was on watmm...

@asergh: that was with Cylob so i'd have to ask him, did a few with Chris back in the days when he used to talk to me, he's got some petty grudge against me, miss hanging out with him.

i didn't think it was him scratching either haha. Thats interesting if he can scratch that well he's never done it on another track,. has he?

Edited by John Ehrlichman

sorry if this has already been covered but just reading some of his new comments.

he has confirmed that this video was his and was 'recorded in the bank'

which means that potentially Rushup Edge was sequenced mostly on a Yamaha RS7000 squarepusher style?

I can't find the other sister video to this one but I could have sworn it was the piano riff being played from Rushup bank 12 from an Rs7000 sequence

sorry if this has already been covered but just reading some of his new comments.

which means that potentially Rushup Edge was sequenced mostly on a Yamaha RS7000 squarepusher style?

I can't find the other sister video to this one but I could have sworn it was the piano riff being played from Rushup bank 12 from an Rs7000 sequence

Found the sister video

Found the sister video

I'm pretty sure that video was made by someone from watmm to demonstrate how easy it was to make it look like he it was Richard playing separate tracks of the song, mainly because of the scepticism towards the authenticity of that original video (parody being the obvious 'shoe-shot').

interesting, so the first video is real but the 2nd one is fake. I love the internet (seriously things are going to be soooo confusing for everybody in 10 years, like to a psychedelic degree)

Found the sister video

I'm pretty sure that video was made by someone from watmm to demonstrate how easy it was to make it look like he it was Richard playing separate tracks of the song, mainly because of the scepticism towards the authenticity of that original video (parody being the obvious 'shoe-shot').

Heh, and they failed. The real video sounds like a stem, and the fake one is just the actual track lowered in volume.

And regarding that little link in his description... oh boy. I mean, I can see it now.

Interviewer in 10 years: So why did you quit releasing music on 5/1/2015?

Aphex: Some guy thought I was crazy for posting about UFO conspiracies so I took it all down and said fuck it and fuck them.

My advice would be to not bring it up at all. Either way it'll only cause argument and possibly less music.

Edited by Brisbot

Wahhh to no official downloads yet! [didn't realize I had my SoundCloud extension turned on so I thought he had enabled] Eeeeee to slothscrape...so beautiful.

So what as the Cylob beef on WATMM?

Edited by atypic

I don't like how the comments on tracks have become primarily a way for people to say "Richard, richard, post this" or "what do you think of this" etc instead of "This track is great especially at 2:54 when" etc

I don't like how the comments on tracks have become primarily a way for people to say "Richard, richard, post this" or "what do you think of this" etc instead of "This track is great especially at 2:54 when" etc

i agree. the tracks themselves are almost being taken for granted. instead we (myself included) are just craving more, rather than appreciating what we've already got

"This track is great especially at 2:54 when" etc

Pretty dull, no?

"I like that snare at 1:31 as it reminds me of when Uncle Jimmy used to slap me for working his shaft and balls too vigorously"

Pretty dull, no?

"I like that snare at 1:31 as it reminds me of when Uncle Jimmy used to slap me for working his shaft and balls too vigorously"

my favourite ones are "reminds me of Final Fantasy"

Pretty dull, no?

my favourite ones are "reminds me of Final Fantasy"

That was my final fantasy :)

yes pretty annoying

Got to say, really loving the direction the uploads have been taking. A new batch of classics in the making, should never have doubted.