IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest temp1

^ I think the term "musical genius" is heavily overused but I really do believe Richard can be mentioned alongside the likes of Mozart or Beethoven. He's the Isaac Newton of electronic music imo.

Damn near 200 free, previously unreleased tracks being uploaded by one of the greatest minds in music.

Richard D. James is

tumblr_mwkykjEBKN1rugvxpo1_500.gif

as fuck

Yeah. In my opinion, he is kinda the mozart or beethoven of electronic imo...

But there are lots of GREAT other electronic artists out there 2. ;) I have many favorites.

Allot. He is one of them. Somewhere at the top. (imo..)

Im digging these new tracks. Cant decide which i like the most...

But i will just melt this new tracks. ;) Take them in...

Digest. Loving this. All of this music. What a kind gift. Lets send flowers! Just kidding. ;) Start a kickstarter and send a thousand flowers.

News:

*Aphex twin received 100 000 flowers from fans." (And limited editions of all his favorite vinyl records.) Or something like that..

Nah, im overtired. Rambling. But i really dig these new tracks and all. Im thankful.

Peace out

^ I think the term "musical genius" is heavily overused but I really do believe Richard can be mentioned alongside the likes of Mozart or Beethoven. He's the Isaac Newton of electronic music imo.

Damn near 200 free, previously unreleased tracks being uploaded by one of the greatest minds in music.

Richard D. James is

tumblr_mwkykjEBKN1rugvxpo1_500.gif

as fuck

Yeah. In my opinion, he is kinda the mozart or beethoven of electronic imo...

But there are lots of GREAT other electronic artists out there 2. ;) I have many favorites.

Allot. He is one of them. Somewhere at the top. (imo..)

Im digging these new tracks. Cant decide which i like the most...

But i will just melt this new tracks. ;) Take them in...

Digest. Loving this. All of this music. What a kind gift. Lets send flowers! Just kidding. ;) Start a kickstarter and send a thousand flowers.

News:

*Aphex twin received 100 000 flowers from fans." (And limited editions of all his favorite vinyl records.) Or something like that..

Nah, im overtired. Rambling. But i really dig these new tracks and all. Im thankful.

Peace out

Aside from the musical aspect of all of this, I think what's also incredible about the SC gift is that it's yet another thing RDJ has done that is soooo beyond the norm and separates him from of any of his contemporaries....I don't know of ANY acclaimed and professinal artist (let alone a Grammy winner) that has given away around 200 songs (many of them easily releasable or even classics) for free. I equally admired his game changing videos with Chris C (that somehow even made it on MTV) or the balls to name his remix collection "26 Remixes for Cash" etc etc etc and again that's untop of how unique and multifaceted his music is. RDJ is breaking boundaries left and right. Having said that, perhaps the most shocking thing of them all is that he is shedding a bit of light on his personal side, something I think we all never expected, through his comments on SC. Even this is unique. He's skipping journalists and even conventional social media, to chat with his fans exclusively via SC. wtf

Edited by Alfreddo

Slothscrape is actually what I would image a true SAW III sounding like, something between SAW II and ICBYD, hope there's more like it.

Aside from the musical aspect of all of this, I think what's also incredible about the SC gift is that it's yet another thing RDJ has done that is soooo beyond the norm and separates him from of any of his contemporaries....I don't know of ANY acclaimed and professinal artist (let alone a Grammy winner) that has given away around 200 songs (many of them easily releasable or even classics) for free. I equally admired his game changing videos with Chris C (that somehow even made it on MTV) or the balls to name his remix collection "26 Remixes for Cash" etc etc etc and again that's untop of how unique and multifaceted his music is. RDJ is breaking boundaries left and right. Having said that, perhaps the most shocking thing of them all is that he is shedding a bit of light on his personal side, something I think we all never expected, through his comments on SC. Even this is unique. He's skipping journalists and even conventional social media, to chat with his fans exclusively via SC. wtf

Well said.

Since the sleeper has awakened, again, I wonder if µ-ziq is going to continue to upload as well. Mike was uploading like nobody's business until he started to approach Richard's amount of songs and took his foot off the gas.

david wilcock is such a goober lol, a lot his ideas are mindblowing stuff, but half of them aren't his own, and though he studies an interesting field, he plays with too many important ideas, arranging them in his own slightly crazy way, which gets people interested in these topics/phenomena but misleads them and or discredits them somehow. these aren't easily integratable ideas into the general consciousness of our society and the way he presents himself and his beliefs of being the reincarnation of edgar cayce or whatever is kinda off-putting for me, and i'm sure many others. i believe in past lives and the akashic records and most definitely edgar cayce, but i don't see david wilcock as having the same authority to prophesize the way he does...jussayin...

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

he could have spent like an hour figuring out how to release these as mini-albums or EPs on bandcamp and made $9999999999999999999 but literally just didn't want to (one comment said "I hate money" or something). Who else does this shit? I'm sure lots of other people do also, but none of them actually have the potential for massive gains that he does so they're not actually losing potential money by releasing free.

hes the best.

admittedly some of this stuff (a small subset) is definitely not "release-quality" so to speak in any way. But it's still great and I will be listening for years to come. But some of it is completely 100% release quality, some of it's his best stuff ever in my eyes

cottage tracks? fuck yes

floating oo? yes please more

the ab6 tracks? YES. please let me give you my money.

Some of it's completely unlike anything else he's ever released. Some of it's a complete one-off where there's not another track I've heard in my life that even seems similar but it's just one random thing he made then forgot about

immense lushness

Edited by Zeffolia

I think this whole soundcloud thing is probably thanks to the CW kick-starter. RDJ said afterwards that he hadn't realised how interested fans were in his old tracks. He's obv had these tracks for years, but he's giving them to us now because he knows people actually care.

david wilcock is such a goober lol, a lot his ideas are mindblowing stuff, but half of them aren't his own, and though he studies an interesting field, he plays with too many important ideas, arranging them in his own slightly crazy way, which gets people interested in these topics/phenomena but misleads them and or discredits them somehow. these aren't easily integratable ideas into the general consciousness of our society and the way he presents himself and his beliefs of being the reincarnation of edgar cayce or whatever is kinda off-putting for me, and i'm sure many others. i believe in past lives and the akashic records and most definitely edgar cayce, but i don't see david wilcock as having the same authority to prophesize the way he does...jussayin...

Yeah, I've never been able to really get into much of his stuff for pretty much that reason.

Agree with the recent music comments. I ask questions like "what year is that from" and "when will he enable downloads" but I should also add that it's all terribly exciting, I think the most exciting music thing for me in many many years. What a gift this all is. We're incredibly lucky.

While we are gushing and amazed, I recall reading several interviews where Richard said one of his goals is to always be making music, so there is potentially much much more to come! Not to mention him saying he hasn't started yet (at 180 tracks in!).

Definitely an exciting time for us aphex fans!

One thing that hit me about the soundcloud is how many growers there are in there. Maybe it's me, but the obviously catchy great tunes kind of overshadow the others, but on multiple listens the tracks really manage to charm me in their own ways.

Slothscrape is actually what I would image a true SAW III sounding like, something between SAW II and ICBYD, hope there's more like it.

I'd certainly like to hear more like this if it exists.

i'm still blown away that these are *unreleased* tracks. like they were somehow not good enough for a release or something.

I wonder if he actually let anybody from Warp/R&S hear any of these for consideration or if they are completely 'new' to folk outside his friends and family,with the exception of live gigs.