IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest nuane

archponf

1991-92
This was going to be on the phlegm ep r&s with some other tracks which I can't find at the moment

Where are those other ones....

archponf

1991-92

This was going to be on the phlegm ep r&s with some other tracks which I can't find at the moment

Where are those other ones....

Interesting, I can remember reading about that EP and thinking it was just wrong info:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Aphex_Twin.aspx

I'd love to hear the rest of this EP!

interesting that an unreleased EP made it onto his press write up..

Yeah, and only one mention of it after all those years! On the other hand though, Rephlex were also very good at this :)

Rephlex Discography - 1991/92
-----------------------------
NCC 1701	IG-88/Voafose and Ohm	Double A side 4 track 12"
CAT 002		Q:Chastic		4 track double 7"
CAT 003		Strong Island Players	1 sided promo
CAT 004		Caustic Window		5 track EP
CAT 005		Caustic Window		4 track white vinyl EP
TR 606		The Cyberchildren	3 track (club use only)
CAT 007		The Kosmik Kommando	4 track clear vinyl 12"
CAT 008		Analogue Bubblebath 3	8 track EP
art 2cd		Various			Compilation CD
CAT 010		The Kosmik Kommando	6 track sampler

Future releases - 1993
----------------------
CAT 011		Green Calx		2 track picture disk
RLP 101		Rephlex			Compilation album
CAT 013		Space Avenger		Cassette

so is saw1.5 an official collection of tracks (as in he kind of had that tracklisting in mind long ago but it ended up being not released) or just something he put together right now?

are there any other such collections (other than ab6)?

so is saw1.5 an official collection of tracks (as in he kind of had that tracklisting in mind long ago but it ended up being not released) or just something he put together right now?

Looks like something he compiled recently imo.

Other 'collections' are AB6, apparently a planned second Polygon Window album that never made it, the Phlegm EP on R&S (see previous page), Mr. Men, Q-Chastic EP, and rumours about something concerning the alias the Rave Colonel... Am I missing something?

I just remembered that when Syro came out, Renaat from R&S did an interview on Belgian radio about being contacted by Richard again for plans that he couldn't speak about in that interview. This was also just after Richard said to Oor Magazine that he would probably release heaps of old unreleased tunes anonymously on the internet. Now that he has done that he comes with a playlist and plans to put out a 1.5 version of SAW, that was released on R&S...

Guest bitroast

Other 'collections' are AB6, apparently a planned second Polygon Window album that never made it, the Phlegm EP on R&S (see previous page), Mr. Men, Q-Chastic EP, and rumours about something concerning the alias the Rave Colonel... Am I missing something?

yeah, i would agree on the compiled recently assessment. especially as it went from Saw 1 era with 6 tracks to Saw 1.5 to different tracklist, it seems like h e's compiling the similar tracks together from memory or something ?

i would what the other track on that Green Calx 2 track was going to be. bob morgan totally sounds green calx to me but maybe that's TOO obvious. hehe

If you want to look at it that way, it wouldn't surprise me if some albums weren't "official". :)

Every time I check his soundcloud page (which is like 20 times a day) and see there is a new track, or comment, or status update, my day is instantly made noticeably better than it was before.

Guest mrgerbik

Every time I check his soundcloud page (which is like 20 times a day) and see there is a new track, or comment, or status update, my day is instantly made noticeably better than it was before.

I know this feeling also...

I just remembered that when Syro came out, Renaat from R&S did an interview on Belgian radio about being contacted by Richard again for plans that he couldn't speak about in that interview. This was also just after Richard said to Oor Magazine that he would probably release heaps of old unreleased tunes anonymously on the internet. Now that he has done that he comes with a playlist and plans to put out a 1.5 version of SAW, that was released on R&S...

AWESOME :w00t:

(even if I can't help but think about how weird it is to see 173 AFX tracks on SoundCloud + this potential re-release with exclusive tracks)

I actually compiled some tracks into a Polygon Window album for myself and added some other tracks from CW LP.

e2b74af205.png

Sorry I missed a few things man....

Can you elaborate a bit on the Mr. Men and Q Chastic EP? What tracks do we think belong to those?

Isn't Mr. Men another name for MFM

No

Yes it was. Can't remember where I read it but he said that the MFM tracks were all linked to one of the Mr. Men and supposed to describe their personalities.

No

Yes it was. Can't remember where I read it but he said that the MFM tracks were all linked to one of the Mr. Men and supposed to describe their personalities.

I think at one point Melodies from Mars [which was leaked a couple of years ago, and formed part of a phase of melodic, “funny” Aphex tracks along with Pardinas & RDJ's Mike & Rich album] was going to be called Mr. Men, and each track was describing each character’s personality – and he kept tickling me while playing ‘Mr. Tickle’. In the end, Mr Tickle wasn’t on the leaked Melodies from Mars either – I’d not heard it since that time.

source : http://boilerroom.tv/mindphuqed-by-rich-digging-deep-into-the-aphex-twin-archives/

No

yup nope anchio is right lel im confuse

afex is also confirmed to have listened to most of the music in the world, so ofc he heard 80s stuff

Edited by Mag