IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

new description on nova robotiks:

goes wrong at end, coz my mate came in my room [martin tresidder] and knocked the tempo knob on the qx21 and fucked it up, shame coz i really liked where this was going.
Trying to make looped breaks on a qx21 was near impossible.

dammit martin! :duckhunt:

Edited by petina

just saw this on "sams car"

"pre Saw1, found on an old unmarked cassette.
hard to find my old tracks, coz i couldnt afford to buy blank tapes, used to grab tapes at random, like my mums johnny mathis tapes, stick a bit of selotape over the hole so it would record and record but most of the time i never even rewound the tapes to the beginning, just wherever it was on the tape, then forgot which tapes i recorded it on, although if some have tape, it\s a clue but still have to find the bloody track and ona c90 that can take fucking ages!"

Pro tape ripper tips:

Use a 4 track porta studio tape player, that way both sides can be ripped at once from the direct outs. Just reverse tracks 3&4 afterwards, and half the time is saved. Rip at 96 or 192khz and use the double speed feature on the porta, then resample the rip down to 48 or 96kbps to get it back to normal speed. That way you cut the ripping time in half again. Leave it on silently while doing other stuff, then skip through the finished waveform in a DAW.

Using this process ripping an entire C90 takes about 23 minutes, and checking its content can be done in seconds by skipping about the timeline in the DAW.

Apply a little sticker to mark the "done" tapes and put them in a separate box, to avoid double work.

Edited by psn

Yeah Fork Rave is amazing, whoever said Knife Fork Freq was better is nuts! :smile:

I think the changed description on Nova Robotiks has been there for a few days since I remember putting it in my tags but I'll have to go through the lot again to see what else has changed since then.

new description on nova robotiks:

goes wrong at end, coz my mate came in my room [martin tresidder] and knocked the tempo knob on the qx21 and fucked it up, shame coz i really liked where this was going.

Trying to make looped breaks on a qx21 was near impossible.

dammit martin! :duckhunt:

martin pls

So I guess saw1.5 really was a never-released album ? That's quite amazing.

Plus really excited for the re-release of SAW 1 !

Re-release with unheard tracks...holy f×ck!!

Guest chops727

just saw this on "sams car"

"pre Saw1, found on an old unmarked cassette.

hard to find my old tracks, coz i couldnt afford to buy blank tapes, used to grab tapes at random, like my mums johnny mathis tapes, stick a bit of selotape over the hole so it would record and record but most of the time i never even rewound the tapes to the beginning, just wherever it was on the tape, then forgot which tapes i recorded it on, although if some have tape, it\s a clue but still have to find the bloody track and ona c90 that can take fucking ages!"

Pro tape ripper tips:

Use a 4 track porta studio tape player, that way both sides can be ripped at once from the direct outs. Just reverse tracks 3&4 afterwards, and half the time is saved. Rip at 96 or 192khz and use the double speed feature on the porta, then resample the rip down to 48 or 96kbps to get it back to normal speed. That way you cut the ripping time in half again. Leave it on silently while doing other stuff, then skip through the finished waveform in a DAW.

Using this process ripping an entire C90 takes about 23 minutes, and checking its content can be done in seconds by skipping about the timeline in the DAW.

Apply a little sticker to mark the "done" tapes and put them in a separate box, to avoid double work.

Yes that would be good to find things but then if you did have a random track in the middle of a c90 , you would have to find it again, then record it properly with good eq, which would offset your time save considerably.

You're all bigging up Fork Rave, and RDJ has just commented on Fork Rave, so....which one of you is Rich eh?

Also, Subcan - great wake up tune, just enough to get the brain going without melting it too much.

Edited by Leonod33

Can you get alerts when additional comments are made or did you just happen to be keeping an eye on Fork Rave?

here

Edited by vincentvc

Can you get alerts when additional comments are made or did you just happen to be keeping an eye on Fork Rave?

There's just a little column on the right of the SC page that shows latest comments made by user, and on what track.

I have the Soundcloud ritual - Refresh page, look at "total song number", see if the main page comment has changed, then look at the comments bit to see if any new ones been posted.

Yes that would be good to find things but then if you did have a random track in the middle of a c90 , you would have to find it again, then record it properly with good eq, which would offset your time save considerably.

Makes no sense to record it with eq when you can adjust all that in the DAW after it has been digitized.

There's just a little column on the right of the SC page that shows latest comments made by user, and on what track.

I have the Soundcloud ritual - Refresh page, look at "total song number", see if the main page comment has changed, then look at the comments bit to see if any new ones been posted.

Annoyingly, I can't seem to find this on my new Android phone using the SC app. but can see it all with my laptop. I have the SAW 1.5 playlist up on my phone but no comments underneath. Also, the user profile only has Info, Posts, Playlists, Likes, Following and Followers. No comments!