IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Tricky situation. Most of the people on SC aren't on WATMM, so we can't exactly host the poll here. But how else would we prevent it from being exploited? I did think of having a Kickstarter, or maybe having poll options on a pre-order page, but what if someone pays for the album and isn't happy with the final song choices? Also that would probably be asking too much of Warp. My brain is filled with too much excitement to come up with a logical solution.

yes this is amazing !

It is rather crazy, so many years of inactivity to just massive gobs of music with more on the way. Man, I just sit back & recline in my chair, resting my head back into my hands...What a glorious time. Thanks Rich!

Guest MarcelloJose

The problem with just choosing the most played or even liked tracks on his page is that the last few ones before each break have been given a lot more attention than others from curious people who only listened to a few tracks.

I suppose a poll should include everyone and not just WATMM people. Maybe that surveymonkey thing is a good idea, whatever it is.

Either that kind of poll, or maybe Maestro himself should pick his favs, like those great playlists he put up on sc.

ALSO: "There are lots of other releases planned on Warp" = :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

In answer to a lot of messages:

hmmm..i think if there were some sort of poll or something, I would get the best of/faves mastered & pressed up/backed up.

I can make almost all of these tracks sound A LOT better, if I transfer them properly myself and then master them .

There are lots of other releases planned on Warp but it could fit in fine there somewhere.

Incredible, he's become one of the most fan friendly artists out there now. The possibility of releasing some of these also makes the recent lack of downloads on many make more sense.

Edited by afxual healing

"i think if there were some sort of poll or something, I would get the best of/faves mastered & pressed up/backed up."

come on, people please. don't you see this is an invite! someone should set up a poll this instant. i'd do it but i lost my fingers in a masturbatory incident last night.

I can probably whip up a voting thing (with it grabbing up to date tracks from the soundcloud api) pretty easily. Y/N?

(I'm being serious BTW, already built something against the SoundCloud API earlier to pull down comments for archival)

I can probably whip up a voting thing (with it grabbing up to date tracks from the soundcloud api) pretty easily. Y/N?

(I'm being serious BTW, already built something against the SoundCloud API earlier to pull down comments for archival)

go, man, go! i'm serious too... this should be done right away. :emotawesomepm9:

ps. sorry for spamming the thread and being so excited about this

Guest Londonskater

Yes.

Another option (Which we can't make...) would be for Rich to hit up Mike Paradinas and get him to curate "Unreleased Works Vol. 1".

...and then for Vol 2, someone else can jump in and pick more.

This means firstly that we end up with more tracks mastered and officially released and secondly it doesn't end this lovely Soundcloud situation we have right now...Nothing to stop Rich from uploading random stuff for years and it slowly coming out as people choose later volumes for him.

Just a thought.

Actually, the poll idea fits with this. Maybe the first volume is "curated by the fans"?

...or curated by WATTM?

My mind is a garden.

He hasn't finishd uploading all his tracks yet, bit early to start thinking about a poll . Early days. Plus I think the actual poll should be left to Rochard to sort out , bit presumptious to assume that WATMM would play a central role when the vast majority of people following him on aoundcloud are oblivious to this website. It would have to be all inclusive.

I found a great bit of software to download all tracks from a Soundcloud User / Soundcloud Playlist with one click. Gets the Highest quality version where available or the stream if not - including tags (but sadly not artwork). But I'm not sure if it's ok to post a link to it here? Google 'originaltechsolutions soundcloud playlist downloader' to find it.

Sorry if this breaks rules.

Nice one man, that's really handy. Cheers for the heads-up!

URL: http://originaltechsolutions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/soundcloud-playlist-downloader-free.html

I found a great bit of software to download all tracks from a Soundcloud User / Soundcloud Playlist with one click. Gets the Highest quality version where available or the stream if not - including tags (but sadly not artwork). But I'm not sure if it's ok to post a link to it here? Google 'originaltechsolutions soundcloud playlist downloader' to find it.

Sorry if this breaks rules.

Nice one man, that's really handy. Cheers for the heads-up!

URL: http://originaltechsolutions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/soundcloud-playlist-downloader-free.html

Good innit? And it does a sync so it'll just pull down the latest ones to your folder. Handy.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

go, man, go! i'm serious too... this should be done right away. :emotawesomepm9:

Go! Much better idea than trying to make a poll on here. I tried a few months ago when there were less than half the amount of tracks there are now and it took forever, then it decided not to bother remembering anything I'd entered in the poll when I went to preview the post. Total ball bag

Also that quote is the best news ever :cattears:

Out of interest what is everyone else doing with these tracks in turns of sorting them?

I copy them all onto my phone then sort them into two separate lists after I have played them a few times - favourites and non-favourites. The great thing about that is you can play the non favourites and slowly transfer them across as you realise they are often 'growers' that improve with each listen. Some will never make it across though - shit smothered and Catarrh for instance.

Go! Much better idea than trying to make a poll on here. I tried a few months ago when there were less than half the amount of tracks there are now and it took forever, then it decided not to bother remembering anything I'd entered in the poll when I went to preview the post. Total ball bag

Also that quote is the best news ever :cattears:

Hoping Richard will reach out for some input on it first though, a maximum amount of votes / tracks or any other possible factors. Maybe best to wait for that, but your approach seems perfect xf!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Has anyone listened to now all 180 tunes in one sitting .....or however many days it would take to listen to them all ?

I wonder what happens to you if you do ?

Does your hair turn red and suddenly you start making many alias's for yourself?

I remember listening to the first 112 in one sitting. Utopia all the way to Spiral Staircase. That was a fucking mission, but definitely one of my personal highlights of the year decade, so far.

I would love to have some of the soundcloud stuff on vinyl. It would be great if Warp released some of it but I kinda doubt it'll happen.

How about another Kickstarter? We could do a poll and come up with a tracklisting for a three LP set or something. I can do the sleeve art in MS Paint for free.

NB: the above is a serious question. I typed everything in font size 14 to prove my seriousness.

Yes to an official Warp release. No to an unofficial bootleg. I'd love to hear some of these tracks properly mixed/mastered for vinyl/CD/whatever. There's some stuff over on Soundcloud that I have absolutely no problem in regarding as some of RDJ's best material, and I feel like it desperately needs a ton of exposure.

Richard did mention early on that he'd explore the possibilities of properly releasing the best stuff, however his comment last night put a bit of a downer on the whole situation. "im puttin up the ones first that i would probably never release"

Tis a shame. Imagine PAE2b released as a single with a Cunningham-directed video. Panties would most def be shat.

Someone joked about this a while ago but does this mean the dump is actually the reject pile from his going through all his old stuff? Probably is as well isn't it. Fuck