IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Wow, can't keep up honestly, will need to figure this out later, do the playlists etc...

meanwhile I just listen via soundcloud, but man, String Slush is amazing

Guest beatgunk1

Phonge sounds like something I heard once that used noise generated from raw data files though knowing RDJ it's probably some synth wankery

Also I wish D14 wasn't cut off, it was so promising!

Edited by beatgunk1

loving string slush (except that weird bar of percussion, outtake?), reminds me of something not AFX but can't quite remember what

girl/boy song, Goon Gumpas?

I thought there was an orb track from their Kompakt album or around that period with similar strings but I couldn't place it last night, in my head it has a strong 4/4 beat

Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

Good god. Instant favourite.

Seriously. Can't believe this kind of quality is just being thrown up there. Amazing tune. The gift that keeps on giving! Getting the vibe it was recorded around the time Fenix Funk and XMDA was.

Guest beatgunk1

loving string slush (except that weird bar of percussion, outtake?), reminds me of something not AFX but can't quite remember what

girl/boy song, Goon Gumpas?

I thought there was an orb track from their Kompakt album or around that period with similar strings but I couldn't place it last night, in my head it has a strong 4/4 beat

fuk I misread it as "something by AFX", sorry guise

Edited by beatgunk1

Yeah, PAE2B is mega dope. Loving it on first listen (haven't gotten to the others yet). I agree this has got to be more recent!

Did you see the comment "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa soooooaoaaaaaahhhhccie" on D14?

Pretend Analog...Tuss era?

God the two newest are soo good

Edited by atypic

Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

Seriously. Can't believe this kind of quality is just being thrown up there. Amazing tune. The gift that keeps on giving! Getting the vibe it was recorded around the time Fenix Funk and XMDA was.

actually after the 2 minute part, some aspects remind me of the midsect in xmaseve. I'd throw a few on this one being post 2000 with you.

I'm not sure when tamclap2 was made downloadable, but it's weird having to retread to make sure I can get the higher res versions every once in awhile. Is there any rhyme or reason to this?

Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

actually after the 2 minute part, some aspects remind me of the midsect in xmaseve. I'd throw a few on this one being post 2000 with you.

Sounds almost Syro-esque to me...

I'm not sure when tamclap2 was made downloadable, but it's weird having to retread to make sure I can get the higher res versions every once in awhile. Is there any rhyme or reason to this?

Seemingly not. And then even more randomly adding comments to old tracks.

Does anyone reckon all of this free music is, in part, a reaction to Aphex's music on Spotify/streaming services?

I noticed some drukqs tunes had been removed from YouTube, having been up for ages prior to this year.

Really annoyed those were taken down. All those comments and views are gone forever now. I can say for sure that a good percentage of people would never have become fans of Aphex if they couldn't listen to his tracks on youtube. All it ends up leading to is people pitch shifting and time stretching the songs so they can bypass the copyright filter, which always sound awful.

highly doubtful the removal of the youtube tracks had anything to do with RDJ himself, probably just Warp

RDJ being relatively tight-lipped on the timing of the tracks that seem to be recent, right? He seems disinclined to identify tracks as being post-2000...

Pretend Analog! Analord era w0000000t!!!

dancing-birds-o.gif

this! instant fav for me. would buy a triple cd box full of these :-)

Edited by indulin

Pretend Analog! Analord era w0000000t!!!

dancing-birds-o.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if "Pretend Analog" was far older than 2005...

its the'...' that makes me think you know this as fact.

My guess is Pretend Analog is recent. D14 and Phonge I have no idea. D14 and Soachie in the name make me think more recent.

its cute when Joyrex acts like he knows the actual eras the tracks are from sometimes, as if RDJ would be giving him completely accurate information :wink:

or alternatively joyrex is a badass who already heard a bunch of these tracks a while ago

Edited by John Ehrlichman

its cute when Joyrex acts like he knows the actual eras the tracks are from sometimes, as if RDJ would be giving him completely accurate information :wink:

or alternatively joyrex is a badass who already heard a bunch of these tracks a while ago

My opinion on that differs depending on whether his opinion suits my own : )

Guest beatgunk1

Funny how Aphex fans very often think his music came much later than it actually did. That's what happens to most trailblazers because they are fucking with our concept of time.

^ this

obviously Aphex fan here, but I don't think the newest track is 2014 or even 2005, sounds like an improved Universal Indicator to me (improved because most of UI was a bit boring)

this at least has the melody n variation n stuff

Edited by beatgunk1