IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I've been enjoying fuk loads of Fork Rave lately. So good. Oh, and the beginning of Iketa thing I was wondering a while back was actually the end bit of P.E. So not a tape break like I remembered but instead both tracks have that same bit. Another nice easter egg. I've been playing around with these similarities in separate tracks with my playlists. Like

P.E -> Iketa

afx origTheme -> Spectrum -> Dot

Icct Hedral - > P-String ->Quoth [Wooden Thumb Mix]

X-Rays -> Triple D

And my absolute favorite duo (ok, not dumb releted)

ABB 3 (CD only Track #1) - > Garden of Linmiri, that long beginning is just something, innit?

And if the google doc hasn't been hacked again, it should be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview

I talked to the guy who owns the spreadsheet a while back and he gave me exclusive rights to the user18081971-restored-bak tab, so that if the public copy gets vandalized it can be fixed using mine.  I went in the other day and undid some minor damage and added a line for tnodvood104

Good, so it's in safe hands then. :happy:

I'm also soon gonna be sifting through all these (again) from beginning to end. It's a bit like going on a Aphexian adventure

As Ivan said, this is one of the coolest things ever to happen. Just press a memory rewind button and remember the time before Syro when we thought he hated us and Richard was an IDMonk.

Edited by beerwolf

Is there a maintained youtube playlist of stuff linked to during dump? Sorry if it's obvious, I'd really like it as that's one thing I didn't focus on at the time.

Also, I uploaded all my dump mixes (8 hours 30 mins) for download to google drive. Peace :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxmOaUkuR4sQUzZlWmpZZHp6c0E

i'm also listening to the sounddump tracks again after a looong break and man they sound better then ever now!

still can't believe this happened

^

I honestly will never get over how amazing this time of our lives is/was/will be...Richie boy will always be king...

Aaaanyway, I was wondering, is there a generally agreed chronology to all the Soundcloud material? Thinking I might playlist it all up and burn some CDRs for the car.

I don,t know about chronological order. Butt he did put a lott of the trax into playlists himself at one point. I can,t find it right now, but it included a surfing on sinewaves 1.5 / AB6 / enz...

Would love to see that if anybody has it. Really enjoy the freeform nature of it all but it'd be nice to give it all some context.

Hmmm, can,t find them. I asked around on reddit and this one guy did still have the SAW 1.5 list:

Selected Ambient Works 1.5:

01 Sams Car, 02 lannerlog, 03 Dance and Play, 04 Nova Robotiks, 05 Bimbongo, 06 Afx origTheme, 07 Red Alert, 08 Suzanne, 09 Forgotten T, 10 Symbonsad (aka Q-Chastic - Cat002 Symbonsad mix), 11 Original Chaos Riff, 12 ep String, 13 2tone [camborne collage mix], 14 Martins Car LPF, 15 jcj868e, 16 wind squidge, 17 bob morgan, 18 katiacid, 19 octave knob, 20 noddy, 21 his eyes eq

So that,s a start(;

Just click above on: "RDJ Soundcloud Playlists"

Oh, and there is also AB6!

Analogue Bubblebath 6

2.Dual acid

3.Hollow alias

4.How to science

5.How to science 2

6.Step up to cornwall

7.Clapstab

8.World waver

??more??

So... there,s the track: "Pcp2 (unreleased version)" on SC

And there,s also the unreleased:

"Cat043-PCP-Total Sicknes" on RepHleX...

Does anyone have any info on this? Does this mean PCP was an alter-ego of Rich, that never went public??? Or is it already welk known what this record was??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmSDVdGnw8s

Pcp2 (unreleased version) is AFX remixing Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived, the original being released on PCP Records (The Mover / Mescalinum United's own label). AFX did two other remixes of the same track, the QQT and TTQ ones on Classics.

As far as I know, CAT043 was rumoured to be an album by The Mover on Rephlex called Total Sickness, but unfortunately it never happened...

Also, welcome :)