IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

And of course the comment thread is filled with people saying the cops were totally justified to beat that woman over a can of unopened beer. USA! USA! USA!

There's absolutely no other way that could've been handled.

^saved me the trouble of typing that out cheers. jfc that comment section is some creepy af conditioning

i dunno frankly i don't feel safe from this woman and her beverage. thank god the police violently subdued her or my trip to wildwood, new jersey might have been ruined.

And of course the comment thread is filled with people saying the cops were totally justified to beat that woman over a can of unopened beer. USA! USA! USA!

There's absolutely no other way that could've been handled.

^saved me the trouble of typing that out cheers. jfc that comment section is some creepy af conditioning

i dunno frankly i don't feel safe from this woman and her beverage. thank god the police violently subdued her or my trip to wildwood, new jersey might have been ruined.

finger.PNG_web_20180530141356.jpg

A Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy suspended in 2014 for inappropriate postings on social media is being investigated again after racist and other offensive posts were allegedly found on his Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Jason Van Dusen, a PBSO deputy since September 1998, was suspended with pay March 1 after the agency’s internal affairs unit began an investigation.

Among the controversial posts that led to Van Dusen’s latest suspension is one from his Twitter account -- @angrytrashdude – published June 15, 2015, that displays a photo of Michelle Obama next to one depicting a “Planet of the Apes” character. In another Twitter post from December 2, 2015 – the day 14 people were shot to death in San Bernardino, Calif. – Van Dusen allegedly wrote, “I’d say we have more of a Muslim problem that a gun problem.”

https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/pbso-deputy-suspended-for-social-media-posts-again/6fqogbg7bTHVWLA8IYcxXP/

American police are fucking useless.

Worse than that. The lot of them are effectively their own organized crime syndicate, under the ironic guise of enforcing the law.

And on top of that we have these alt-right fascist bootlickers that support them without question. These truly are Fourth Reich/Orwellian times.

didn’t a bar already kick a guy out for wearing a maga hat?

Yup. Let's all stay in our own bubbles away from people we don't like. I've got my bubble whittled down to....zero. I don't like anyone. Everyone is useless. Buy my music though, I don't discriminate who I sell it to. 

edit: also it needs to be said that there are lots of good cops out there. Some places are trying to nix the disgusting protectionist mafioso culture as someone mentioned up there...this isn't the majority of police, unfortunately, but it's happening. I've seen half a dozen reports over the last year of local police being prosecuted for things that likely would've been swept under the rug a few years ago. Maybe that trend will continue? (vote in your local elections)

Edited by auxien

Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the local PD in my town. They're stretched thin and have plenty on their plates, and I sure as hell can't knock them for trying to keep the peace.

It's those "other" cops that need more training, and more discipline. Hopefully we'll see some reform in the coming post-Trump years that will mitigate their becoming a threat to the general public, especially towards the more marginalized demographic.

didn’t a bar already kick a guy out for wearing a maga hat?

he was being a dick about everything i guess. happened here in portland. 

happened here in portland

goes without saying

i think it was at the Yamhill Pub which is sort of the king of dive bars downtown. it's pretty old and super salty. 

googled but only thing that came up was new york! i guess it happens all over because it's usually assholes wearing those hats and that's who typically gets kicked out of bars.