IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

2 hours ago, usagi said:

the creator of Berserk, Kentaro Miura, died at 54. this is significant over and above the niche realm of 90s anime/manga. as one of the best in its class, the influence of Berserk is enormous, not least through Dark Souls which itself has been so influential. and the manga series was ongoing. pretty saddening. hope there's enough material and creative guidance left to bring the series to a good conclusion.

Can’t believe it , I’m speechless…

14 hours ago, usagi said:

the creator of Berserk, Kentaro Miura, died at 54. this is significant over and above the niche realm of 90s anime/manga. as one of the best in its class, the influence of Berserk is enormous, not least through Dark Souls which itself has been so influential. and the manga series was ongoing. pretty saddening. hope there's enough material and creative guidance left to bring the series to a good conclusion.

I've had mild anxiety since 2013 that Kentaro Muira would pass before finishing Berserk and it's finally happened. Gutted for him and gutted for Berserk followers. Real sad day, he was the grandmaster of manga. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

Oh, holy LOL - serves me right for just trusting the headline I read elsewhere and not following through...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charles Grodin (better known as the man who played Martin Daniels in the blockbuster smash Clifford) deserves a shout out. 

For some reason I can’t embed these but I was turned on to his letterman appearances (they’re on YouTube) and he was funnier than f. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Charles Grodin (better known as the man who played Martin Daniels in the blockbuster smash Clifford) deserves a shout out. 

For some reason I can’t embed these but I was turned on to his letterman appearances (they’re on YouTube) and he was funnier than f. 

yeah i started to mention that in here when it happened last week or whenever but when i started hunting up where i knew him from i'm pretty sure it was all just Letterman appearances...i think the only movies of his i saw were So I Married An Axe Murderer and Dave (lol and i haven't seen these in like 20 years) and Rosemary's Baby (i don't think he had a big part in that? or am i wrong?)

anyway the point is i second hunting down his Letterman appearances

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Upset man said:

damn.. i thought i posted about him here but i guess only twitter.  always really liked him in everything i ever saw him.. from "the lonely guy" to "Seems like old times" and midnight run and all the places he turned up.. his david letterman appearances are classic. a bunch of them are on youtube. he was a gem. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

did you actually watch the love boat when it was on air?

had seen some love boat back in the day.. mostly reruns i guess.. 

i know someone who made a low (no) budget indie movie and tried to get captain stubing for a part and was told by his agent that "captain stubing doesn't get out of bed for less than $60k" or something like that.