IGNORED

WAP381 - MARCHROMT30A EDIT 2B 96

Twelvetrees

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine arrived yesterday from Bleep. Flat quiet vinyl. No scuffs for a change. It's da biz. Two observations: First the 'fast' mix is noticeably lower audio quality than the 2B 96 mix. Secondly, I need to move my big Tannoys back into the room because, according to the spectral analyser, there's significant goings on, all the way down down to 16 Hz.

My pre-amp (Cambridge 640p) has a sub-sonic filter switch that cuts all that naughty low end that can break stuff ....

EDIT: It's apparently something to do with 'surface ripple' - http://www.audiocognoscenti.com/blog/a-subsonic-filter-ishighly-recommendedif-you-spin-vinyluse-ported-speakers-and-want-the-verybest-performance-from-your-analog-front-end

Mine arrived yesterday from Bleep. Flat quiet vinyl. No scuffs for a change. It's da biz. Two observations: First the 'fast' mix is noticeably lower audio quality than the 2B 96 mix. Secondly, I need to move my big Tannoys back into the room because, according to the spectral analyser, there's significant goings on, all the way down down to 16 Hz.

My pre-amp (Cambridge 640p) has a sub-sonic filter switch that cuts all that naughty low end that can break stuff ....

EDIT: It's apparently something to do with 'surface ripple' - http://www.audiocognoscenti.com/blog/a-subsonic-filter-ishighly-recommendedif-you-spin-vinyluse-ported-speakers-and-want-the-verybest-performance-from-your-analog-front-end

I'm pretty sure this is intentional, judging by the way the signal moves. We'll see when the digital files surface. ESLs drop like a stone below 40Hz anyway.

someone needs to solve the problem of geography (actually digital kind of solves that) - I can probably expect my copy sometime within the next month

Love the new drums/effects in XMAS, sounds fucking analog. The fast MARCHROMT is gonna get some getting used to, but I think tomorrow in the car it'll be on rotation.

The fast version is jarring at first, but 45 seconds in, it starts to sound reasonable. Doesn't beat the slow version, though.

Feels good to have a proper file of Marchromt30.

Xmas_evet N feels like it belongs more in the Syrobonkers dump than on vinyl / digital EP alongside Circlont10 et al, but that part with the robot drums sounds very sweet and I wish it had made it to the final track.

A propos of nothing, if I were to re-shuffle the tracks from Syro, CCAIpt2 and Marchromt30 b 96 and redo a playlist that flows well for a 12 tracks LP, this is what it would sound like:

01 Marchromt30A edit b 96

02 snar2

03 minipops67

04 180db

05 Circlomt6 syrobunkers

06 earth portal mix

07 diskhat 13 all prep_mixed

08 Xmas_eve (thanaton3)

09 produk29

10 diskprept 4

11 Circlont14 (mushrooming)

12 diskprept 1