IGNORED

Amon Tobin - Dark Jovian (2x12")

Hugh Mughnus

Edit: any idea how to get your hands on a copy? I'm new to this RSD stuff

Never actually went to a store on RSD either, but I imagine it's just a matter of your local shop having at least one copy and you getting it before someone else.

I always assumed RSD stuff was usually limited run, so there may only be precious few of these (some hundred? don't know)

Lets hope it's just something with a wide release that happens to be debuting on that day

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five brand new productions from the electronic behemoth inspired by the Jovian system supported by heavyweight reworks from Lee Gamble (Pan), Logos (Keysound) and Eprom (Rwina). Double 12” 180g etched vinyl housed in a bespoke rubber wheel.

this sounds sarcastic as fuck.

Edit: any idea how to get your hands on a copy? I'm new to this RSD stuff

Never actually went to a store on RSD either, but I imagine it's just a matter of your local shop having at least one copy and you getting it before someone else.

I always assumed RSD stuff was usually limited run, so there may only be precious few of these (some hundred? don't know)

Lets hope it's just something with a wide release that happens to be debuting on that day

lol

I'm screwed then.

We have like one decent record store and it's got nothing really.

Hmm yeah, probably not gonna see this anywhere around here... I'll have to keep an eye out for a vinyl rip. Was hoping this was the LP as well.

Ok after looking on the RSD website they have 3 sections

-RSD exclusive (never see it after)

-regional/limited run

-RSD first release

It seems the Amon Tobin one is in the 3rd catAgory which should mean it's initially coming out on RSD but then a few weeks later gets a wide release

so maybe we can forgo the commotion and just wait. The stupid rubber wheel may be gone post RSD anyway

Unable to check out the song via Soundcloud for some reason. But there's this quote on his Souncloud:

"A Record Store Day exclusive, Dark Jovian incorporates 2 single-sided heavyweight 180g white vinyl 12”s with etched markings, encased in a white, branded, rubber wheel and housed in a transparent plastic box. Designed by Alexander Brown brownboy.co.uk/."

I want it but literally nowhere in my city will carry this. None of the record shops are participating in record store day....

Is there any possibility whatsoever that one of you nice watmmers that finds it can grab two (if available?) and sell it to me? I'd of course give you a premium for your troubles....

I want it but literally nowhere in my city will carry this. None of the record shops are participating in record store day....

Is there any possibility whatsoever that one of you nice watmmers that finds it can grab two (if available?) and sell it to me? I'd of course give you a premium for your troubles....

Depending on the price of it I'll pick up a second one.

Depending on the price of it I'll pick up a second one.

sweet, I would really appreciate it, hope it works out! <3 :happy:

Thats a good question... I'm not really sure. None of the shops in my city (which is pushing 1.3 Million people btw, so wth!) participate in record store day.

Oh Canada. =(

• 1 month later...

Archived