IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

My current list that hasn't been updated for 30:

Bimbongo

1 Chink 101

SomewhereOTTGTBAG

16 Fresher + Cleaner

Afx origTheme

Renalgade Sonar

1 Human Rotation

6 Plinky Plonk[orig]

Dance2thebeat

34.5 P.e

CooltempoDemo

13 Short Mental Afx

21 Vtnm2

Nova Robotiks

(vocoder disco)

They're Here Aahha

9 Wind Squidge

SubCan

23 Pianox

5 African Rhyt

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who finds it weird that there are only 590 votes at the moment?

Considering there are more than 67.000 followers on Soundcloud...

I don't expect all of them to vote, but a bit more surely, will the link to the poll be spread to wider group of people or did rdj explicitly ask to keep it here on watmm?

Am I the only one who finds it weird that there are only 590 votes at the moment?

I don't expect all of them to vote, but a bit more surely, will the link to the poll be spread to wider group of people or did rdj explicitly ask to keep it here on watmm?

I'm pretty sure as soon as fact/pitchfork do an article on voting for tracks and the possibility of a release that number will jump right up. I don't think most of the 67,000 followers read the comments, let alone being members here.

I've changed my picks around again, will leave them alone for a while now, until there's some new ones to check out at least.

8 Utopia
18 With My Family
1 nocares
3 gerald Remix
12 Rough Beat Tune
12 Space Beat
8 Lush Ambulance 2
4 Ny Groove
28 organ
4 Red Calx[slo]
7 lsb [slo]
19 [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise
luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]
19 Bradley Echoes
33 Synthi Rhy [q]
Th1 [slo]
14 Floating? [swimming in god mix]
(mature raver)
Notting Hill Bus
4 Acid Organ
(HAB un23)(unfinished)
medievil rave Mk2 [pre plague mix]
3 slothscrape
24 Tsim 2
34 ibiza spliff
15 Autumn Travels
14 Cornish Spreek5b [st. Nectan S Glen Waterfalls Mix]
31 Lifetrak2 EqTeac 1
Pretend Analog Extmix 2b
Nightmail 1

Gonna need 31 votes please, 18 elb 2 has just sunk in and needs somewhere to squeeze in the list. Don't make me cull a track!

Gah, I guess Organ has to go, don't think there's much chance of it dropping out the top 20 anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure as soon as fact/pitchfork do an article on voting for tracks and the possibility of a release that number will jump right up. I don't think most of the 67,000 followers read the comments, let alone being members here.

He used to just ask his close friends to help decide so I'm sure 590 of his most hardcore fans are more than enough to get an idea, and keeps it more personal -

hopefully all the people sending him nasty messages on SC won't be getting involved in this

ya I suspect the voting will change a bit when more people know about this - right now there's about 1000 accounts signed up but only 600 or so have submitted a valid vote. there are more than 600 votes technically if I count revotes.. figure would be 5x bigger or so.

I'm a huge Aphex fan but I've just felt overwhelmed by this whole thing. I haven't nearly started to digest all 200+ tracks, let alone vote for 30. Maybe in a couple months hah

yeah I haven't done it yet either. Also... it's a bit of a task to come up with the best yourself. That's why I suggested using the telescope time without tears method.

I want to give a little shout out to some of the "sub 5 votes" songs, because it might look to a casual observer like they are bad simply by virtue of the fact they're at the bottom of the pile. Disclaimer: I haven't voted for these tracks, so I am as guilty as anyone for them not placing higher.

Venus Squidge - Great, classic old Aphex sound, turns into a "headphones adventure" halfway through.

Dondo - I hardly ever see this pop up in talk, probably cos of the 1 min length. It does sound like an interlude, but it's so good I'd love to hear it expanded on.

Strange Rhythm - A dirty raving thumper.

Ny Groove2 - I do prefer the first Ny Groove, but there's nowt wrong with number 2 either. Richards got the funk going on.

It is easy to forget how good some of the lesser played tracks are, always a pleasant surprise when they come on in a random playlist.

Just voted. Happy to have 30 votes. Sounds like a compilation spanning at least two CD's (=wishful thinking). Although if he'd put 4 together it'll still be amazing.

Feeling a bit ambiguous, as there are a couple of awesome albums in there with tracks which may not win in a poll, but which do fit wonderfully well together. Thinking about those SAW1.5 and SOSW2's. Wouldn't be a good thing if only a couple of tracks would end up on some compilation without the whole album seeing light of day, imo.

Also didn't put any votes in any tracks from the latest batch, as I've just went through my itunes playlist and voted for my top rated. Or rather, a selection of my top rated...which was hard enough.

I'm a huge Aphex fan but I've just felt overwhelmed by this whole thing. I haven't nearly started to digest all 200+ tracks, let alone vote for 30. Maybe in a couple months hah

Came here to post exact same words

In fact I've even ditched the idea of voting, I just want to enjoy the tunes without pressure of making lists, I could make a list in a years time lol

I'm just happy to go with the flow

Yeah I'm kinda guilty of that. After listening to the entire dump a few times, I kinda picked out my favourite tracks there and then, and I've pretty much just stuck to those ever since. I definitely need to revisit everything else at some point. Maybe listening to the dump on shuffle would be a sensible approach.

Cheetahs and cottages trascend the space/time. It´s like going back to the tuss release. Richard, I know you don´t hear me, but if you do, THATS THE F$KIN@ WAY

YuHUUuU!!

You could always insta-change if such a thing would happen. "Now that those tracks are going to be officially released, I don't like them anymore and I have to completely revamp my top-votes!" After which a shiny new set of your top-30 can come into existence.

But you do have a point though. i hope RDJ will do such a thing if he notices a lot of sosw2-potentials do turn up frequently in current top-30s. I'd rather have him distill themed albums (saw, sosw, cw, rdj, ab,...) than creating compilations with various styles. As I'm stubbornly convinced these themed albums could be instant classics which would fit perfectly in his discography.

Since I'm such a gay person I'll share my votes too. The first 20 were my original picks on the first round and after those comes the 10 bonus ones added later. These would be my top five picks in case there is ever going to be such a voting option. Thought to put them here now since being a cheap member I can't edit my posts later.

Utopia

afx origTheme

Martins Car LPF

mooow

Ssnb

Donkey Rhubarb Remix

?f? [Rough Mix]

Rough Beat Tune

High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig

Make A Baby

Sline

Sekonda

Floating

Cottage3 E

triple D

rogphlange 1 [braiNfLOSS2]

slothscrape

ibiza spliff

Cornish Spreek5b

Cheetah3 Teac

Quad Rave Teac

34.5 P.E

Vtnm2

?fx 126b

Phlangebeat

Synthi Rhy [q]

Th1 [slo]

T13 Quadraverb

Cottage4 Af 1

1.5 Dp5 Beats

gonna wait a while before voting, so many awesome tracks

i'd just like to know, if this is for an album, would he just give the tracks a better mastering or would he go as far to rerecord/ finnish tracks??

Edited by Ivan Ooze

I'm pretty sure he said something about getting a release out there but can't remember word for word. I think he also commented on fitting in with Warp's release schedule.

I can't decide, therefore not voting until nearer the deadline.

To be fair, there are probably 100 tracks i've never even listened to once yet.

If this one does not end up in the top 20... I will eat my shoes, out of anger.

I am with you! I seriously doubt it though, it has been losing ground these last couple of weeks. But hey, who knows maybe rdj will just add it to the bunch of releases, as he stated that he'll pick some tracks himself even if they are not in the top 20.