IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Really good choice to have Cygnus as opener

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

its actually very rare these days for a big electronic act like squarepusher or autechre to play at a place like Mezzanine. I think the only other two times in the last few years I can remember an act that big being booked there was Dam Funk and Mr. Oizo. Thank god its not at 1015 folsom though, good on whoever is booking Warp's shows to avoid that venue entirely. The sound inside Mezzanine is still very good though, even compared to other venues out here besides maybe Gafta (that just hosted Lustmord last weekend)

What's bad about 1015 folsom? I haven't been there yet

the middle room there on the 2nd floor is actually fucking awesome, it has amazing sound the problem is they do most shows in the main room only (or sometimes just put random djs in the side room). The main room has what can only be described as sort of a sports stadium concert vibe with fog machines and lasers, the club basically lives and breathes the modern EDM aesthetic and would be totally inappropriate for an act as brilliant as Autechre. The room is not treated very well and sound is just sort of brute force methodology, not clean but super powerful and reflective. It also has a lot of regular attendees that obviously aren't there to see the headlining acts, but just go every weekend to get laid. There are no ins and outs and the bouncers are a lot less friendly to weed even compared to the current vibe of the Mezzanine.

Aw i see. it always struck me as a more mainstream electronic music venue. Saw that OPN and Teebs played there a year or so back and it seemed like a weird place for them to play based off of all the other acts that have played there

Most of the Warp acts (and their kin) I've seen in the city since 2012 have been at 1015: Clark, Plaid, Oneohtrix, Mount Kimbie, Lone... Others I'm forgetting likely.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny - To answer your question earlier, this will be the first time I've ever seen an Ae live show, if I make it this year. Last live show ever I went to was by Talib Kweli in November 2011, and Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) three months before that.

I might make both the Vancouver, BC and Portland shows, but if that "hidden" one is indeed Seattle that might be a game changer. Works best for me if it's in the Pacific Northwest, basically.

I'll be at the BK show. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

will be at the Brooklyn show no question

Might try to hit BK and Philly. LUSH TIMES

Okay im freaking out now see you all in broooooklyn

FINALLY, i've waited forever to see them for the first time; ill be at the Brooklyn show

YO

I will be Stateside in Sep/Oct and around NY during this time so I'mma comin to the Brooklyn show! let's meet up u gayz! man is excite. anyone else nearby wanna come up to NY for an even bigger meet, Bob Dob, autopilot?

FINALLY, i've waited forever to see them for the first time; ill be at the Brooklyn show

YO

I will be Stateside in Sep/Oct and around NY during this time so I'mma comin to the Brooklyn show! let's meet up u gayz! man is excite. anyone else nearby wanna come up to NY for an even bigger meet, Bob Dob, autopilot?

usagi in the flesh??? :beer:

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Really good choice to have Cygnus as opener

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

its actually very rare these days for a big electronic act like squarepusher or autechre to play at a place like Mezzanine. I think the only other two times in the last few years I can remember an act that big being booked there was Dam Funk and Mr. Oizo. Thank god its not at 1015 folsom though, good on whoever is booking Warp's shows to avoid that venue entirely. The sound inside Mezzanine is still very good though, even compared to other venues out here besides maybe Gafta (that just hosted Lustmord last weekend)

What's bad about 1015 folsom? I haven't been there yet

the middle room there on the 2nd floor is actually fucking awesome, it has amazing sound the problem is they do most shows in the main room only (or sometimes just put random djs in the side room). The main room has what can only be described as sort of a sports stadium concert vibe with fog machines and lasers, the club basically lives and breathes the modern EDM aesthetic and would be totally inappropriate for an act as brilliant as Autechre. The room is not treated very well and sound is just sort of brute force methodology, not clean but super powerful and reflective. It also has a lot of regular attendees that obviously aren't there to see the headlining acts, but just go every weekend to get laid. There are no ins and outs and the bouncers are a lot less friendly to weed even compared to the current vibe of the Mezzanine.

Aw i see. it always struck me as a more mainstream electronic music venue. Saw that OPN and Teebs played there a year or so back and it seemed like a weird place for them to play based off of all the other acts that have played there

Most of the Warp acts (and their kin) I've seen in the city since 2012 have been at 1015: Clark, Plaid, Oneohtrix, Mount Kimbie, Lone... Others I'm forgetting likely.

aw i see, i somehow missed all of those shows. I wonder why Squarepusher and Autechre mostly play somewhere else then. I think Clark and Flying lotus last time they came around played somewhere else, Clark at The Independent and Flying Lotus at the Fox Theatre I believe. I remember OPN playing there and that was a really odd choice of venue I thought

What wrong with Boston? Paradise is a decent venue (at least from what I remember). Definitely gonna make it out meself so see ya jerks there.

Who knows, maybe they'll add a date at the Cape Cod Melody Tent!

YO

WTF?? OK... lots of things to sort out here -

first of all - I JUST BOUGHT KRAFTWERK TICKETS FOR OCT 3RD. Ae you fuckers!! I have to choose between Ae in BK or KW in Bos?? MY FUCKING GOD. THE TIMING!!!!!!

Not to worry I'll just see them at paradise the next day! Paradise is a good venue and I honestly think it will be better than in brooklyn because every fucking show by a group like ae is usually a shit show because most people in bk have "heard of them" and go to watch themselves be at an ae show. very few people like six or true fans who have lived this music for at least a decade if not two. Last time I was at paradise I saw Plaid and it was a great show and a chill and good vibe with the fans - it was mostly classic boston college bros who inexplicably loved plaid. which was great.

That portsmouth show smells of cancellation but fuck i'll totally drive to NH from boston and see them in possibly an even *more* intimate setting?? Although christ - kraftwerk on friday, ae on saturday and sunday? sounds like my ears will need a rest.

The only bummer is no epic wattmz meetup in BK? I guess usagi will have to come to boston! <3

see u there bob dob

love,

d-lo

What wrong with Boston? Paradise is a decent venue (at least from what I remember). Definitely gonna make it out meself so see ya jerks there.

Who knows, maybe they'll add a date at the Cape Cod Melody Tent!

YO

first of all - I JUST BOUGHT KRAFTWERK TICKETS FOR OCT 3RD. Ae you fuckers!! I have to choose between Ae in BK or KW in Bos?? MY FUCKING GOD. THE TIMING!!!!!!

Not to worry I'll just see them at paradise the next day! Paradise is a good venue and I honestly think it will be better than in brooklyn because every fucking show by a group like ae is usually a shit show because most people in bk have "heard of them" and go to watch themselves be at an ae show. very few people like six or true fans who have lived this music for at least a decade if not two. Last time I was at paradise I saw Plaid and it was a great show and a chill and good vibe with the fans - it was mostly classic boston college bros who inexplicably loved plaid. which was great.

That portsmouth show smells of cancellation but fuck i'll totally drive to NH from boston and see them in possibly an even *more* intimate setting?? Although christ - kraftwerk on friday, ae on saturday and sunday? sounds like my ears will need a rest.

The only bummer is no epic wattmz meetup in BK? I guess usagi will have to come to boston! <3

see u there bob dob

love,

d-lo

is it even really Kraftwerk anymore though?

YO

usagi in the flesh??? :beer:

yeeuh :beer:

see u there bob dob

love,

d-lo

aw, man. welp, we can still meet up, I'll be spreading my legs all over the east coast towards the end of Sep/start of Oct.

I think I might plan a road trip to go to the Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver shows. What an awesome weekend that would be - great food & beer in all those towns too, and I've never been to Vancouver besides the shitty airport. I wonder if they would notice and get creeped out at my groupieness.

:w00t::wtf:

going to try for the Philadelphia show

Heh didn't see this thread before I made this one.

Any Philly heads here want to meet up and smoke ridiculous amounts of bongs & blunts before heading to Union Transfer let me know.

I'm also thinking about popping down to the DC show because U-Street's soundsystem is ridiculous. DC fans are in for a fucking treat.

Man I'm glad there's a show in Philly, I never have the time to make it to New York. I'm still processing the fact that it's not until October. I have to accept the fact that there will be no awesome concerts until then.

Yo Philly bros. WATMM meetup at Fairmount Park to smoke up before the show?

Heh, fuck yeah.

@Usagi - I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not planning on popping up to Brooklyn unless I find out they're throwing down on Tsunami's soundsystem.

However I am seriously considering heading down to DC just to hear AE in U-Street.

U Street Music Hall in Washington, DC is a bass dungeon designed with sound as its top priority. The 500-person room features a 1,200-square-foot cork-cushioned dancefloor and a state-of-the-art system designed by ITI Audio. The system is processed with a BSS Soundweb London Blu-160 and a XTA DP226, and the Subwoofer amplification is handled by Martin Audio MA9.6K and MA12K. Adam Weiner of ITI Audio explains, “U Hall is an example of what happens when people who give a care about how their music sounds do everything right in designing their club.” Although the system bumps like no other, it only has five subs. That’s a true testament to the power of Martin Audio. After Skream and Benga played there in February, Skream tweeted, “U Hall in DC has the best soundsystem I’ve heard in America! It was so good playing bass music and actually feeling the bass!”

I think I might plan a road trip to go to the Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver shows. What an awesome weekend that would be - great food & beer in all those towns too, and I've never been to Vancouver besides the shitty airport. I wonder if they would notice and get creeped out at my groupieness.

Come to the vancouver show man!

Archived