IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Guest WNS000

Jev, no idea why on earth you'd want a 10th rehash of the same live tracks we've heard 9 other times already.

Because the ideas are huge and are not finished. The live sets are just a collection of sequences abruptly ending when other sequence starts. Have you ever composed music? If yes, you know the process.

Also, there is a lot of edited live sequences in elseq (c16 for example, but I noticed many more while skimming through the previews) and they obviously benefit from the treatment and nobody seem to complain they already heard it in the live sets. So...

Edited by Jev

Does 13x0 step "skip" for anyone else at a few parts (such as at 0:43)? It doesn't sound intentional.

yep, that can also be heard somewhere else too if I'm not mistaken... But I wasn't shure if it was intentional or not, with ae you can't be shure...

I hear it, but when it happens again 10 seconds later there's continuous drones overtop some of those parts, so i think it's intentional. just sounds like a glitch effect to me

Does 13x0 step "skip" for anyone else at a few parts (such as at 0:43)? It doesn't sound intentional.

Because the ideas are huge and are not finished.

I don't disagree but you could say the same thing about nearly every track they've made. I'm glad they didn't spend this whole release re-treading old ground. I'd still enjoy it if it was versions of tracks from the live releases, but brand new stuff is much much more interesting to me.

oh man this is just 2 much, 5hours of new autechre ball destruction??

tried to buy it but my paypall is blocked!!!! gonna contact them tomorrow, wtf!

in the mean while i"m gonna watch the posts of you guys hyperspazzing on new fuckin ae

sean, rob thanks!!!

yep, that can also be heard somewhere else too if I'm not mistaken... But I wasn't shure if it was intentional or not, with ae you can't be shure...

The question is: is it on the 24bit wavs or mp3 distribs?

EDIT: It's also on the 320cbr mp3 download, so I think it's indeed intentional

Edited by Guest

It's on my mp3s yes.

I got skips on my 24bit wavs.

Guest WNS000

Because the ideas are huge and are not finished.

I don't disagree but you could say the same thing about nearly every track they've made. I'm glad they didn't spend this whole release re-treading old ground. I'd still enjoy it if it was versions of tracks from the live releases, but brand new stuff is much much more interesting to me.

I cannot say it about many of their tracks. Their output seem pretty fleshed-out to me most of the time.

Nevertheless, I am absolutely fine with them concentrating on the new stuff rather than endlessly working with the old ideas. The whole idea about fleshing out my favourite live sets' ideas came to me after I heard many other (and to me considerably less impressive) live sets ideas in elseq. It's just my personal thing, mate. It just made me sad and that is all really. I had hopes you know :happy:. I will probably still dig elseq in some time so it's cool. I am just dreaming.

I find it perpetually amusing that skips (or really silent pauses) get such a disproportionate amount of discussion. (See e.g., discussions on tac lacora and its skip).

Edited by PlatrixECV

I'm legitimately concerned that Autechre are heading towards some kind of technological singularity which starts with them releasing music faster than it can be played and ends with them crashing the internet or something

I haven't noticed any skips on tac lacora??

There is about a half second of silence between the two halves of the track. There was discussion as to whether this was intentional.

There is about a half second of silence between the two halves of the track. There was discussion as to whether this was intentional.

of course it was

Guest WNS000

You mean that perfectly rhytmic and obvious stop-time (that is so popular in rock genres)? Aha.

Edited by Jev

of course it was

Agreed. Didn't prevent there being about 20 posts on the topic though. Hence my amusement.