IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Hmm. If they don't give a new album(s) physical release that makes me believe there may not ever be a repress of the old LPs.

I wouldn't worry about that if these consist of reworked live material. They probably view this stuff as interim material for the diehards, not warranting physical release.

Hmm. If they don't give a new album(s) physical release that makes me believe there may not ever be a repress of the old LPs.

I wouldn't worry about that if these consist of reworked live material. They probably view this stuff as interim material for the diehards, not warranting physical release.

Are there any casual Ae listeners? I guess elseq has two "casual" songs. Hmm.

I'm legitimately concerned that Autechre are heading towards some kind of technological singularity which starts with them releasing music faster than it can be played and ends with them crashing the internet or something

Isn't Aleksi Perälä doing that already? I haven't bothered with any of the Colundi Sequence releases because their frequency has diminished the value of his work for me. I don't have time to listen to that much material from one artist. Omar Rodriguez Sanchez and Guided by Voices also come to mind. So yeah, let's hope that's not the case with Autechre.

pendulu hv moda and curvcaten got me head nodding like very few Ae track did. Finally tracks with the new sound palette I'm really digging. I'm lovin' the first elseq volume. Perfect soundtrack for my old school Doom session ha !

Did not made the mistake of buying everything at once to really leave time for each volume to sink in but god I'm very looking forward hearing the remaining tracks !!

Am confused about all the reference to reworked live stuff.. ive heard barely any apart from C16?

Admittedly am only just starting part 4 want to push on and hear them all but must sleep soon!! So much Ae and all sounding very lovely on 1st listen

Edited by kirm

pendulu hv moda and curvcaten got me head nodding like very few Ae track did. Finally tracks with the new sound palette I'm really digging. I'm lovin' the first elseq volume. Perfect soundtrack for my old school Doom session ha !

Did not made the mistake of buying everything at once to really leave time for each volume to sink in but god I'm very looking forward hearing the remaining tracks !!

Haha I dunno if it was the timing but I definitely got a tiny bit of a Doom vibe from the first elseq 1. Been rocking brutal doom co-op with a buddy all week.

Probably going to have to blast some of this new autechre while we slay demons tonight.

Guest WNS000

I haven't bothered with any of the Colundi Sequence releases because their frequency has diminished the value of his work for me.

What? It does not make much sense to me. If the work is excellent how can you possibly feel it like that? Doesn't that rather imply that the work isn't that good in the first place or more of the same with every release (I haven't heard the artist)?

These tracks demonstrate why Autechre are a class apart from any other act. They've raised the bar.

definitely. I was excited for an album of AE_live sounding stuff but this really exceeded all expectations. This stuff is advanced but still instantly enjoyable and memorable for me.

Guest WNS000

Perfect soundtrack for my old school Doom session ha !

Have you basically just said that you haven't really listened to the music because you use it as a background noise for your gaming sessions? I wonder how many reviews of music are based on such approach to listening.

Am confused about all the reference to reworked live stuff.. ive heard barely any apart from C16?

Admittedly am only just starting part 4 want to push on and hear them all but must sleep soon!! So much Ae and all sounding very lovely on 1st listen

Listen more carefully. There are sounds and even parts from the live sets.

Everything i have heard so far has been incredible. Some parts bring me way back to the feel of Peel Sessions 2. I love that feeling.

Theres similar sounds to the live stuff sure but other than c16 nothing stood out to me as clear sections lifted from the live sets.. but am on 1st listen so will have missed stuff.

Edited by kirm

Guest WNS000

Theres similar sounds to the live stuff sure but other than c16 nothing stood out to me as clear sections lifited from the live sets.. but sure am on 1st listen so will have missed stuff.

I believe I have heard at least 3 instances of liveset moments (different variations of course) while skimming through the previews.

I love how "eastre" sounds and all, but I couldn't stand to hear it repeat for 20 minutes. I think if this were a five minute track I would love it, but wow that twenty minute listen was just tedious. I may not come back to this one for a while.

And "TBM2" just felt really weak. I like the (few) ideas behind it too, but it went for too long with very little development, and the beat was very simple too.

The more I get into this, the less I am enjoying this very long-form content. I'd much prefer it if they tried to make their tracks concise rather than extending them unnecessarily. I've still only gotten through the first 3 records though. I'm glad "mesh cinereaL" was at least an interesting track with actual development that warranted more length. If it wasn't for this track, I would've really loathed elseq 3 on this first listen.

Of course take all this with a grain of salt because first listens mean nothing.

Edited by ScaldedBorneo

I love how "eastre" sounds and all, but I couldn't stand to hear it repeat for 20 minutes. I think if this were a five minute track I would love it, but wow that twenty minute listen was just tedious. I may not come back to this one for a while.

And "TBM2" just felt really weak. I like the (few) ideas behind it too, but it went for too long with very little development, and the beat was very simple too.

The more I get into this, the less I am enjoying this very long-form content. I'd much prefer it if they tried to make their tracks concise rather than extending them unnecessarily. I've still only gotten through the first 3 records though. I'm glad "mesh cinereaL" was at least an interesting track with actual development that warranted more length. If it wasn't for this track, I would've really loathed elseq 3 on this first listen.

Of course take all this with a grain of salt because first listens mean nothing.

bigsound_anthony_fantano_h_0914_v2.ff0df

Guest WNS000

I agree. I have too noticed the worrying trend of too long, not really developing tracks since Exai (recently feed1, c16 was good). So I don't agree with the people who say that you get 4 hours of music for your money. That is just quantity thinking.

Edited by Jev

Guest WNS000

I agree. I have too noticed the worrying trend of too long, not really developing tracks since Exai (recently feed1, c16 was good). So I don't agree with the people who say that you get 4 hours of music for your money. That is just quantity thinking.

lol

I appreciate your constructive input into the debate. I would love to know your opinion on this.

I've been listening to the album all day at work and I finally have to say now that

Jev you're a real buzzkill bro

P.S. Men's Pendulu Casual

well people asked for this. wanted all the unreleased material and live stuff too. i dig it, so much to get into. but yeah its not as concise or as curated as an album i guess, its a little more loose