IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

On 5/27/2022 at 1:47 AM, toaoaoad said:

Didn't really get into it until a couple years ago and I consider myself a diehard fan.

Knowing that it might (/will almost certainly) take years to really get an autechre release might be the defining sign of being a diehard autechre fan.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Since I never know which part to pick when I want to listen to Elseq or NTS I just listened to all of them in random order (coincidentally NTS 4 ended up as the last one). I *think* I can now reliably identify at least elseq vs. nts lol. As someone mentioned upthread the use of (at first impression) quite simple static sounds is quite unique to these albums compared to their earlier ones (of course someone could prove me wrong with numerous examples ;)). Also noticed a lot of unapologetic aliasing sounds (like you would have a patch and then increase the tempo/speed 100x and basically everything you can hear is just aliasing effects of what the patch is doing way above 20khz).

And latentcall is such a banger, damn...

Edited by th555

NTS finally clicked with me this year after many listens. it's a fantastic feeling, maybe better than liking something right away...

Elseq really clicked for me during the beginning of the pandemic, i would go for my daily walk with some good headphones. gr8 group, ae.

• Like 2

There are numerous tracks on elseq that I absolutely love, and enjoy more than the majority of NTS or SIGN/PLUS

however, to this day I still cannot shake the opinion that it is overall “less than” / weaker within the more recent material. 
it’s just not a cohesive document 
the highs are extremely high, but there is too much that makes me wish for tighter quality control. Meanwhile NTS is long as all hell and yet with rare exception nothing seems to overstay its welcome.

perhaps I am in the minority on this though 

Edited by fizzkinz

• 7 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, fizzkinz said:

There are numerous tracks on elseq that I absolutely love, and enjoy more than the majority of NTS or SIGN/PLUS

however, to this day I still cannot shake the opinion that it is overall “less than” / weaker within the more recent material. 
it’s just not a cohesive document 
the highs are extremely high, but there is too much that makes me wish for tighter quality control. Meanwhile NTS is long as all hell and yet with rare exception nothing seems to overstay its welcome.

perhaps I am in the minority on this though 

el seq has some great stuff on it. a lot. i made a playlist of all my favs pretty soon after getting it. i've since added one or two tracks to that playlist. there's a handful that just didn't fit for me. but the rest i absolutely love. for me it only got deeper w/more listens. there's clusters of tracks that fit together really well and w/some moving things around in the playlist it's much more cohesive for me. it's stellar. some of their best work i think. 

NTS is epic. it's an opus. have removed a few things here or there from my NTS FAVS playlist but it's pretty stacked. i've listened to it a lot. it grew on me really quickly.

their mixing/mastering is so good. stellar. 

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 5:15 PM, ignatius said:

el seq has some great stuff on it. a lot. i made a playlist of all my favs pretty soon after getting it. i've since added one or two tracks to that playlist. there's a handful that just didn't fit for me. but the rest i absolutely love. for me it only got deeper w/more listens. there's clusters of tracks that fit together really well and w/some moving things around in the playlist it's much more cohesive for me. it's stellar. some of their best work i think. 

NTS is epic. it's an opus. have removed a few things here or there from my NTS FAVS playlist but it's pretty stacked. i've listened to it a lot. it grew on me really quickly.

their mixing/mastering is so good. stellar. 

Yes elseq is full of quality content to make a great mix of “best of” 

but that was my main point. I can pick and choose a lot of amazing stuff, but the whole thing is still not up to their standards (imo). 
this is also partially my issue with quaristice. Lots of great material (and supplemental material) but the full document released to us was not to their level (imo)

meanwhile NTS is monstrously longer, and yes has a moment or two that I willingly omit, but is overwhelmingly stronger as a complete thing 

I don’t know. If they had just exercised some better quality control then elseq could be masterpiece. But instead it’s like a Van Gogh with tiny little pieces of shit smeared all over it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizzkinz said:

I don’t know. If they had just exercised some better quality control then elseq could be masterpiece.

i like my playlist. it is a masterpiece. 

but that being said.. there's always other people who would get all forehead slappy about tracks i omitted. i'm sure there's a list of "rank el seq in order of..." on reddit or something.. where the tracks i omitted are like top 5 or something. 

but yeah.. NTS is immense and parts of it could be standalone releases or eps or whatever. there's some sound design in some of the ambient stuff that floors me but it's all pretty diverse levels of being floored. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, gnarlybog said:

Elseq really clicked for me during the beginning of the pandemic, i would go for my daily walk with some good headphones.

SpTh will always remind me of a time in early lockdown when I was walking around usually-busy streets and everything was deserted, like a creepy ghost town. It fit the vibe perfectly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

SpTh will always remind me of a time in early lockdown when I was walking around usually-busy streets and everything was deserted, like a creepy ghost town. It fit the vibe perfectly.

Like hearing this different perspective. Elseq 5 is the sound of me driving to work in the dark Dec 2016 but I would skip SpTh those times cause I wanted to hear Spaces How V and Freulaeux

edit: SpTh was August 2016 for me driving to anywhere 

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack
  • Like 2

Actually its probably about time to revisit my Elseq playlist. Just imagine life without Sean and Rob making such incredible music.

• Like 4

Do we know who made pendulu hv moda? Such genius such vision 

btw … im equally amazed by both of them and their work 

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

Do we know who made pendulu hv moda?

I read somewhere in there that it's a rob track , experimenting with some NMG2 vocoder module, but not certified afaik

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Where?

oh sorry I didn' take time to search in the forum .  so, idk.

but nevermind because actually I realise that you're about pendulu hv moda, while what i'v read was about "spaces how V" so double sorry :shrug:

Edited by neurone

This is my tip top favourites. However as it’s Autechre it’s not absolute final. New classics always can be discovered and added.

If it works? Hmmm

Ill sort it later

Edited by beerwolf

The idea is that I can throw on Elseq in a nice digestible chunk. So I’m sure there will be some omissions (let me know) but this is my pick off the tree.

IMG_5812.thumb.jpeg.f2dade338e04e0d8d04d687b5527355e.jpegIMG_5813.thumb.jpeg.f0111a79a6e9f14c5b2d2bf14ceab866.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

The idea is that I can throw on Elseq in a nice digestible chunk. So I’m sure there will be some omissions (let me know) but this is my pick off the tree.

No chimer = fake fan 

?

• Haha 4

On 5/10/2023 at 10:07 AM, beerwolf said:

IMG_5812.thumb.jpeg.f2dade338e04e0d8d04d687b5527355e.jpegIMG_5813.thumb.jpeg.f0111a79a6e9f14c5b2d2bf14ceab866.jpeg

I'm not sure what my favourites of elseq would be, other than elyc6 0nset would be included, it's good to see it in your picks

• Thanks 1