IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

37 minutes ago, Squee said:

There are plenty of rumors. I’ve read every one of them and I’m sure it’ll somehow make the movie better.

Well, some of that shit (if true) is bonkers, and I would be shocked if half of it were true!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, auxien said:

wish Abrams had done the whole trilogy. Oh well, this should fun! be a Star Wars film. 

Total agree with you that Abrams should have done the whole trilogy 

9 minutes ago, Aural Unrest said:

Total agree with you that Abrams should have done the whole trilogy 

Whole series should've been given to Rian Johnson, imo. TLJ is the only good modern star wars movie. 

3 minutes ago, ReVoodle said:

Whole series should've been given to Rian Johnson, imo. TLJ is the only good modern star wars movie. 

It certainly did some interesting things, and I seem to be the only one who liked old and pissy Luke, but its bad moments were as bad as some of the stuff from the prequels.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:56 PM, Joyrex said:

Well, some of that shit (if true) is bonkers, and I would be shocked if half of it were true!

14 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Well, based on what is shown in that trailer, it looks like some of the stuff rumoured to be in the film is actually true (for better or worse, depending on how it's realized on-screen)

I'm personally very excited (already have my tickets for 21 December (Saturday; too old for that midnight showing shit) at an eye-watering 75.00 USD for 5 people! 11.00 USD for "convenience fees" goddamned Fandango - but at least it's reserved seats.

28 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

what leak

over at r/starwarsleaks there is a supposedly reputable source that has given a rather detailed outline of the major events in the movie, and they all line up with the trailer, so I am inclined to believe most, if not all are true.

That being said, if all of them are true, it will be interesting to see how they play out on-screen versus reading secondhand descriptions of them.

On paper, The Last Jedi sounded cool - the movie was another story. That being said, there were still parts of TLJ that I did like, but also parts that I felt really hurt the movie.

17 hours ago, yekker said:

Anyone else waiting for the Mickey Mouse crossover? 

I'm surprised he hasn't made a cameo as some weird alien in the background...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

what leak

Mobile won’t let me copy/paste into watmm but search /r/StarWarsLeaks, a user named JediPraxis has a 3-part synopsis of the entire movie. Skepticism abound but multiple aspects have already been confirmed by the trailer, so it’s looking like a GOT S8 situation where everyone calls bs and the leaks end up being 100% accurate.

whoops didn’t see your post joydaddy uwu

first ep of mandalorian was extremely satisfying in every way. optimistic about this one guys

brian posehn, horatio sanz, life day jokes all in the first 5 min... v entertaining

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 1

Really? There were parts that were ok, but it seemed kinda awkward - except for Herzog who illuminated the whole thing. The part where he learns how to ride that fish with legs was just plain weird and the super heroic and triumphant music that played afterwards was completely out of place because we have no idea who this guy.

I wish they would dare to take Star Wars in a completely different direction because this just seemed like another stab at the Rogue One mood. I have this incomplete idea and wish about a deeply spiritual take on Star Wars where they discuss their religions, philosophies, and beliefs and I want it to be dry as fuck. You know what, give me Waking Life set in the Star Wars universe.

i thought it was excellent, highlighting the best parts of "star wars" ie excellent production design, hammy characters, and just enough self-aware humor to keep it afloat. Herzog was excellent, his embrace of self-parody is second to none. horatio sanz making life day jokes, bbqing salacious crumb or whatever - shit was funny. the flashback clips were stupid. perilously low bar but whatever, seems fun enough after solo

• Like 2