The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

3 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Rei is a Palpatine. Only thing I can say is that they better not go the "Rei is mind controlled" route.  Lol, maybe it's an evil twin.

Like Luuke? lol

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker

By the way, why hasn't anyone inserted Hohass into the background in any of the new movies?
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh
latest?cb=20110127013813

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, Squee said:

flol. Yeah, same hoodie and everything.

By the way, why hasn't anyone inserted Hohass into the background in any of the new movies?

they probably don't wanna put a horse-man into the background. SW always has alien looking aliens. But you know that. 

Edited by Brisbot

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Like Luuke? lol

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh
latest?cb=20110127013813

Disney exec: y’know, the furry market is an untapped potential growth base...

also just saw that gif of Rey’s dumb dual lightsaber thing and it looks so fucking stupid. i am very aware I’m an adult critiquing a movie for children but jeeze. looked awkward af

Edited by auxien

23 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Lol, maybe it's an evil twin.

I bet there are a bunch of Rey clones made by the Emperor and one of these clones was rescued by her "parents" and put in hiding on Jakku. TADAAA!

I still kinda wish that SW would go off the fucking rails and introduce something ridiculous like time travel.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

I bet there are a bunch of Rey clones made by the Emperor and one of these clones was rescued by her "parents" and put in hiding on Jakku. TADAAA!

I still kinda wish that SW would go off the fucking rails and introduce something ridiculous like time travel.

That scene in The Last Jedi (what Rey saw in the dark place) with all the copies of Rey repeated endlessly almost seems to imply that...

The Emperor (outside of the movies, in the now-retconned expanded universe) survived by having clones... and clones aren't anything new to Star Wars...

I really hope Abrams and co. have figured out a plausible way for Palpatine to be back (other than a force ghost, since if the Jedi can be ghosts, why can't Sith) - a major part of the plot will hinge on this information.

And I'm betting Lando plays as big a role in this movie (if not less so) than he did in RotJ

Latest screenshot from The Mandalorian looks like they are posed action figures (and I really don't like the makeup/masks the Trandoshans (Bossk the bounty hunter's race) have - looks way too low quality to be of Star Wars calibre:

the-mandalorian-trandoshans

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

Latest screenshot from The Mandalorian looks like they are posed action figures (and I really don't like the makeup/masks the Trandoshans (Bossk the bounty hunter's race) have - looks way too low quality to be of Star Wars calibre:

the-mandalorian-trandoshans

Looks star trekie.

5 minutes ago, yekker said:

Looks star trekie.

Yes, very - not a good sign IMO. Trailer looked fantastic (got me more excited that The Rise of Skywalker did), so not sure why they'd choose a crappy image like this to release. Maybe EW picked it from a batch and they thought it was the coolest one.

• 3 weeks later...

If half of what I have read spoiler-wise about TRoS is true... this is going to be an epic Star Wars movie (note that I didn't say "an epic movie", but an epic Star Wars movie. Appreciate it for what it is!

On 8/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, Joyrex said:

That scene in The Last Jedi (what Rey saw in the dark place) with all the copies of Rey repeated endlessly almost seems to imply that...

The Emperor (outside of the movies, in the now-retconned expanded universe) survived by having clones... and clones aren't anything new to Star Wars...

I really hope Abrams and co. have figured out a plausible way for Palpatine to be back (other than a force ghost, since if the Jedi can be ghosts, why can't Sith) - a major part of the plot will hinge on this information.

And I'm betting Lando plays as big a role in this movie (if not less so) than he did in RotJ

I remember the red letter media guys half-joking that it could be time travel related in their guesses episode