IGNORED

Goldie - Inner City Life (Burial remix)

Culture

IIRC it was the ~4 minute single (below) that blew up - on the album it's woven into the 20+ minute Timeless track, which indeed epic

D'oh you're right it was Inner City Life -> Pressure -> Jah that was the 20 minute piece wasn't it. Sorry been so long since I whacked the cd on!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

burial remix: https://www.residentadvisor.net/tracks/851171

pretty disappointed tbh, has neither the atmosphere of the original nor that of other burial tracks... nothing can beat the nookie remix i suppose

R U SURE 'BOUT DAT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JzK424lawM

For some reason I feel like what it would sound like if Frank Ocean had made the Thong Song

It is a mess but its a glorious mess! Like it more the more I listen to it.

He is obvs going for the fucked up at a rave in the early 90s off your noggin listening to badly mixed hardcore vibe and he nails it for me!

He is obvs going for the fucked up at a rave in the early 90s off your noggin listening to badly mixed hardcore vibe and he nails it for me!

so it's just ironically shitty? Not actually shitty?

Nothing ironic about it.. nostalgic maybe and i think what many may deem as shitty is a purposeful aesthetic

Anyhow think am over thinking it now! But yeah I really enjoy it but see why people might think its shit. To each their own innit

I really don't like the track, doesn't do the iconic original justice IMO.But I was just being a goon lol. But yeah, opinions' like you said, everyone likes diff stuff. 

Don't mind the production so much but damn do those vocals sound out of tune with the new melody he's added. I can't quite work out what happened there.

Goldie got a lot of grief for being a general fame-whore / coke fiend / not actually writing any of his tunes etc, but looking past that the original 20 minute inner city life 3-parter is still a blinder.

Yeah kinda agree a bit on the vocals tbf. Grated on me to fuck to start with but have got used it.

Would like to defend that as an aesthetic choice but am not so sure! Maybe he just thought it was sacrilege to fuck with the vocal!

Aye that's the one... Am pleased someone else gets it!  :cisfor:

Seriously though have people hating on this heard the Mønic remix? Am confused why this thread has 3 pages and the deep summer one has like 3 replies... when to me it is one of the best things Burial has ever done! 

I downloaded the original Goldie track off Napster about 20 years ago, but as was par for the course back then, I actually got a remix of the track. For the past two decades I've been listening to this thinking it was the original, and to be honest I like it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znaHxUZwyFs

Archived