IGNORED

Goldie - Inner City Life (Burial remix)

Culture

Metalheadz, the pioneering drum & bass label established by Goldie, Kemistry and Storm in 1994, will release Burial’s remix of Goldie’s Timeless classic ‘Inner City Life’ for Record Store Day 2017.

The remix 12″ will be released on April 22, with Goldie’s new album The Journey Man coming June 16. Both records will be released on Metalheadz.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/04/06/burial-goldie-inner-city-life/

After hearing some recent tracks from Burial my expectations for this one are pretty low but we will see. I'm quite supprised that it will actually be released. I thought that everybody forgot about Burial x Goldie project.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a tough one, especially since the original is such a classic............

Also, Goldie has a new album coming out soon. Thought that worth mentioning.

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since this was in the talks (same with the Flylo + Burial collabs). I remember the insight on Burial Goldie gave back in 2008

PARTICIPANT
First of all, man, "Timeless" still seems to give me goosebumps. It’s official. But I was just wondering if you’ve been exposed to this new phenomenon in the UK hardcore continuum, Burial? Just like now hearing "Timeless" after a few years, actually, it has a certain essence of UK sound and I think with Burial I get a similar feeling, you know?
GOLDIE
Bevan is a remarkable human being. I speak with him regularly. He’s of the generation where it’s completely the opposite to how I came through music. Completely not into the whole fucking press, media, whatever else. We speak a lot about music, and ultimately he’s a genius, I think. It’s beyond what you call dubstep, it’s beyond that. He has a signature, and in fact, I’m going to share something with you, which you probably haven’t heard, but he is completely a genius. He captures the same thing, he’s got it, he’s a genius.
(music: Burial - unknown)
For me, what Bevan’s managed to do is completely encompass the sound, the state of the sound and I think that god bless people like him that make music like that to be an individual. He’s a very, very shy person and very, very shy and timid, but to be able to make that kind of sound. When I first heard that I was completely blown away. For me, I see myself in that. I see the sound the signature that he’s been able to write. He doesn’t use conventional ways of making music. He doesn’t program in ways that we would assume. He throws sounds and he doesn’t program the way that we program. He’s very, very primal in the way that he programs, a bit like a A Guy Called Gerald. God bless him, I think he’s gonna take this sound further and further and that’s what we need.

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since this was in the talks (same with the Flylo + Burial collabs). I remember the insight on Burial Goldie gave back in 2008

PARTICIPANT

First of all, man, "Timeless" still seems to give me goosebumps. It’s official. But I was just wondering if you’ve been exposed to this new phenomenon in the UK hardcore continuum, Burial? Just like now hearing "Timeless" after a few years, actually, it has a certain essence of UK sound and I think with Burial I get a similar feeling, you know?

GOLDIE

Bevan is a remarkable human being. I speak with him regularly. He’s of the generation where it’s completely the opposite to how I came through music. Completely not into the whole fucking press, media, whatever else. We speak a lot about music, and ultimately he’s a genius, I think. It’s beyond what you call dubstep, it’s beyond that. He has a signature, and in fact, I’m going to share something with you, which you probably haven’t heard, but he is completely a genius. He captures the same thing, he’s got it, he’s a genius.

(music: Burial - unknown)

For me, what Bevan’s managed to do is completely encompass the sound, the state of the sound and I think that god bless people like him that make music like that to be an individual. He’s a very, very shy person and very, very shy and timid, but to be able to make that kind of sound. When I first heard that I was completely blown away. For me, I see myself in that. I see the sound the signature that he’s been able to write. He doesn’t use conventional ways of making music. He doesn’t program in ways that we would assume. He throws sounds and he doesn’t program the way that we program. He’s very, very primal in the way that he programs, a bit like a A Guy Called Gerald. God bless him, I think he’s gonna take this sound further and further and that’s what we need.

^ - Love this

Burial really had it goin' on for a while there. Wasn't big on his last couple releases, but he hit some home runs fo sho. Nothing quite like his best tunes.

Sure is lonely here thinking burial is massively overrated, if only I could find some late night dark alley inner-chav feels to comfort my troubled soul

*sigh*

I've only ever listened to him when it's raining on a night bus or while in McDonalds surrounded by rough sleepers and loners so ymmv

If Rob Playford was still producing

He had a release last year, but I'm not sure if it was old material or new.

Didn't know that, under what alias? Did he do the engineering?

The Peshay remix with Photek as the engineer is really great:

^ I'm such a slut for tracks like this, will have to get on that remixes/single stat since I've only really heard the two that were on the 2xCD Timeless...

fuckin..this exists? ?? lol i am reeling

lol Amen, thanks, tfw feels become douche chills

https://www.discogs.com/2-Bad-Mice-Gone-Too-Soon-EP/master/1092379

Still under 2 bad mice, but surprisingly not on moving shadow? I've not heard this yet, it's probably old material.

https://www.discogs.com/2-Bad-Mice-Gone-Too-Soon-EP/master/1092379

Still under 2 bad mice, but surprisingly not on moving shadow? I've not heard this yet, it's probably old material.

They have been playing live but not with Playford, those tracks don't sound like old material though, they sound like a mix of old and new influences, pretty good EP. Alex Banks from Hyper On have been doing similar stuff.

Holy jeebus, I am so glad Listening to Burial exists. Super awkward. I like the shot where he tries to swipe his phone to unlock, fails, does it again, and then skips forward in the track (did he get bored?)

I really want there to be similar music videos for other artists. "Oh yeah, walkin down the street, creepy vibes and lush pads are perennial, with the Aphex Twin, there's always something for my ears to eat. Feel the heat. The glitches are dancin' with my feet,

outside the party, shuffling to the aphex beat."

I really want there to be similar music videos for other artists. "Oh yeah, walkin down the street, creepy vibes and lush pads are perennial, with the Aphex Twin, there's always something for my ears to eat. Feel the night. The glitches are dancin' with my feet,

I really want there to be similar music videos for other artists. "Oh yeah, walkin down the street, creepy vibes and lush pads are perennial, with the Aphex Twin, there's always something for my ears to eat. Feel the night. The glitches are dancin' with my feet,

nye-eat

Sounds like you've already got it started, may as well be the one to make it

a stonecold untouchable classic, def curious what he's gonna do with it, i hope it's 20minutes long

This is Burial we're talking about - Of course it's going to be 20 minutes long. 15 mins+ will be assorted crackly bits & city noises and saturated female vocal samples mind.

Archived