IGNORED

Mt. Fuji 2017 Cassette

dudenorth

As the result of a Willy Wonka guerrilla marketing warfare strategy, most of these records and tapes are not being played and are gathering dust.

Idk dude, my houston record is pleasantly worn. The record itself has particles and fingerprints from repeated play and the jacket is water damaged from the rain that night. Just ensures that it's mine and nobody elses :)

Only nerds keep these things sealed in plastic

Yeah the sleeve for my Houston record is beat up as hell from that pit, and I didn't even unseal it till I got home. Record itself still sounds great! One of my most prized pieces of my collection.

I'm using my 16 sealed field day records to fund a house purchase

Flol that actually made me laugh.

You were supposed to sell them at that fucking Warp carboot sale at Field Day. No wonder they were sold out within an hour. Del Boy and Trotters Traders (WARP staff) were chucking the whole lot into the back of their fleet of 3 wheeled Hillman Imps.

Edited by beerwolf

WHERE,S MY GOD DAMN RIP ?! 

WHERE,S YOU R GODD AMN GRAMMAR AN D MANERS?

? :/ Don,t have a cow man. I,m not trying to offend anyone. Please don,t take me to serious.

Edited by Guest

I Remember the good old days when u go to a record store and bought your aphex vinyls. Now you have to travel around the world and be at the venue 12h before the gig starts to buy your cool afx stuff no one other has...

but the craic is mighty and you never know who you're gonna meet :mu-ziq::wub::braindance::shuriken::whistling:

I remember the days when airports had record stores. I picked up the RDJ album and Lamb's first CD in Heathrow on a layover.

This weekend, I discovered the fun fact that buying a decent portable tape player (even in Japan) is a rather challenging task. I went to the world-famous WALTZ tape store in Naka-Meguro, AkihabaraBIC Camera, and a slew of used music equipment stores

The only machines I could find were:

• Overpriced
  • Fugly
  • Broken or Partially working
  • Really low quality

I just can't bring myself to pay 3500円 ($30) for this garbage because then I will be stuck with it after I'm done and I have a decent collection of tapes that I want to continue using the portable tape player for. I'm going to keep on scouring online via Yahoo! auctions until I find what I'm looking for... I have a nice $1500 Fireface UCX audio interface to convert this into .WAV once I find a decent tape machine.

Why can't I just buy a cheap, vintage Cassette Boy?  :unsure:

Edited by Phunnysounds

Well he might know other people over there right?

sure. than why would he go into all the trouble of buying a deck himself if he knew someone ...etc?

useless discussion this. please move along kthxbye

*pressing F5 @ aphexbleep*

Well he might know other people over there right?

sure. than why would he go into all the trouble of buying a deck himself if he knew someone ...etc?

useless discussion this. please move along kthxbye

*pressing F5 @ aphexbleep*

?

than why would he go into all the trouble of buying a deck

If only... pretty sure he's talking about getting a walkman to play the tape into his megabuck interface. :rolleyes:

How gratifying it would be to see an official digital release before this gets milked any further.

No Walkman rip please. Buy the most expensive Nak deck you can find! Plus $50000 interconnects or no sale.