IGNORED

Björk - Utopia

cear

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...or Darren Emerson! :emotawesomepm9: ("Human Behaviour" the Underworld mix is still my most played Björk-track. I like several others too, but I not too interested in vocal music I guess...)

I wish she did, but Bjork has never clicked with me, don't worry i'll see myself out *exits thread*

Surely there's an album there that will click - many people have a cutoff with her stuff but in general I'd say anyway who is into indie rock or electronic or in our case IDM (Homogenic is a classic, kind of a crossover hit IMO) has at least one Bjork release they like a lot. I think her singing structure can be kind of same-y sometimes (you know how post-rock has that soft-loud-soft noddling-slow build up-explosion-soft again formula, some of her songs seem that why TBH but vocally)

i'm still listening to homogenic and verspertine regularly. those two albums are perfect imo and at the same time on a lot of levels totally opposite to each other. all other albums are quite meh to me. every next release after Vespertine was progressively worse imo. so i see this new album as nothing more than a 'meh imminent' event :(

i fell in love with Bjork pretty easily.  She is so cute & enchanting on the debut album cover.  I had a poster of the same pic hanging in my school dorm room when I was a senior.  Then later I heard she was a nymphomaniac & probably got slayed every which way by Goldie & my heart was broken.  The truth is her voice was all I ever needed. 

i fell in love with Bjork pretty easily.  She is so cute & enchanting on the debut album cover.  I had a poster of the same pic hanging in my school dorm room when I was a senior.  Then later I heard she was a nymphomaniac & probably got slayed every which way by Goldie & my heart was broken.  The truth is her voice was all I ever needed. 

ricardo lopez vibes over here

i'm still listening to homogenic and verspertine regularly. those two albums are perfect imo and at the same time on a lot of levels totally opposite to each other. all other albums are quite meh to me. every next release after Vespertine was progressively worse imo. so i see this new album as nothing more than a 'meh imminent' event :(

Homogenic is the masterpiece imo, but Verspertine rates a close 2nd, plus she got to re-use the swan dress everyone gave her shit for.

Guest Chesney

Post is actually amazing too, just wish she didn't add it's oh so quiet to it.

Volta has some good stuff too. But yeah for me Homogenic then post and vestertine same.

• 1 month later...

re: vespertine and homogenic. i think i discovered pitchfork around the same time vespertine came out, and it was fun browsing reviews for albums i loved to see what that major tastemaker's stance was. but when i saw their rating for those two i remember that i realized clearly that they are full of shit.

re: the new track - arca needs to fuck off asap.

Archived