IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

4 hours ago, user said:

It's taken me 34 years to realize how much I've been overvaluing intelligence. Fuck me.

I feel lately like I've become less intelligent. But I suppose if I don't act like a shit towards people and stay informed, that's all that matters.

21 hours ago, user said:

It's taken me 34 years to realize how much I've been overvaluing intelligence. Fuck me.

It’s taken me 44 years to realize I’m not actually all that smart. Still get things done, though.

I think the smartest period in my life was probably from 21-24. Back then I was in grad school and a lot of time reading scientific journal articles and textbooks. Writing papers. Having intelligent higher level discussions with professors and other students. Thinking about the world differently. But once I finished school and got a job, all that quest for intelligence and positivity about life just drained away. Crushed by the monotony of the day in day out commute to office and back again blur... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zero said:

Thinking about the world differently. But once I finished school and got a job, all that quest for intelligence and positivity about life just drained away. Crushed by the monotony of the day in day out commute to office and back again blur... 

Wow that's a killer post. I was never academic or one for classrooms apart from English or art (even though I'd read a book a week at home, and everyday read The Times, and I don't know any young teen in my circles who was reading a broadsheet every day ) but the last two sentences certainly ring true. I did a lot of backpacking up until 32 which broke up that monotony you speak of, which is another story, but on the whole you are correct.

I used to have such an epic level of interest in the world. I always had a huge atlas in my hand, looking and studying maps and reading up about different cultures. But as you say The Blur Of Everyday Life it seems, is on a mission to crush that. It makes me sad a little. But the last few years I've been trying to rekindle that lost fire. But I know I'll never get back to the point in time I was so in-tuned into Earth. I'm glad at least for a time I was there.

• Like 2

Incredibly relatable. I'm doing the same as wolfy, trying to rekindle that fire. I've been down about my state for a while now and looking for positive change. I'm the sort of person that succeeds with the one step at a time mentality, so for now I'm working on ridding myself of vices that have plagued me for years. Once I get going, momentum is easier to keep up. Emotional inertia kills. My interest in life has not gone away, but my habits have muted it. I refuse to believe I'm a lost cause. I hope you both find what you need. 

• Like 1

I'm rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and i thought it would be funny if they switched the vampire faces to the aphex faces. 

Hell, rdj could get into producing his own show/movie with that image he created... Kinda branch off music into something else :ok:

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:57 PM, user said:

Do u mean that a girl doesn’t half 2 b smart 2 cuddle and luv. It is tru

The aftermath of George Floyd's murder has made me feel more "awake" (I'm hesitant to use the word "woke"), so I'm kind of in limbo as how to best use my free time these days. I've been playing Bioshock Infinite again lately, realizing that there are a striking amount of symbolic parallels to what we see today, considering it came out in 2013. But I've spent so much of my damn life gaming already that I'm feeling numb to it.

I have started listening to hip hop a lot more lately though, especially Cannibal Ox and RTJ. Kind of inspired to do something musically again, but with more sample editing involved. I wonder if Reaper would be a good tool for that.

• Like 1

Ahh, i thought the guy on my friends list who said JK Rowling is a piece of shit was just being edgy.

Also, if sex isn't real then how is babby made?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

On 6/6/2020 at 5:37 PM, Nebraska said:

observation: someone is going to be trending heavy today

yeah, saw that popping up constantly over the weekend. honestly unsure the counterargument that everyone apparently holds that this apparently insults? are trans/nonbinary/etc persons saying there is literally no 'sex' of any person or creature at all or something?

Their argument that comments like these are transphobic makes no sense, whether sex is binary or not has little bearing on trans issues, which relate to gender more than biological sex. the question is of more relevance to intersex people, who tend not to get upset by the fact that sex is binary, and generally don't like getting lumped in with trans activism (though there are a variety of positions on this within that community). Humans, being mammals, are a sexually dimorphic species, this shouldn't be a controversial thing to say. There is no spectrum of human sexes, just male and female (and even the vast majority of intersex people are easily categorisable within these two groups - the tiny fraction where there is a genuine ambiguity isn't proof of a third sex - which would require a new gamete type, just like people being born with a missing limb aren't proof that humans are not a bipedal species - and again, these people are not transgender anyway, so where's the relevance?). There is variation in individuals when it comes to how sexual characteristics are expressed, but not enough to differentiate from the defining characteristics of the two categories. Gender identity is far more complicated, but it's a separate issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2