IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

i can assure all of you that a new album is coming very soon. and that's because whenever someone on this forum posts something ending in dots, i've been collecting them on an ultra-rare BoC royalty card. and it's nearly full!!! i can just feel them brushing against my skin. ladies and gentlemen, the release date of the new Boards of Canada album is, according to this blue ticket...oh wait this my CD copy of Hi Scores. false alarm.

still holding out for a Hi Scores re-re-re-reissue

Edited by Dragon
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

@mdg has said that before, almost exactly those words, over the past NINE years since Tomorrow's Harvest.

No he didn’t, at least not publicly.

I double checked: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun

Maybe you had some DMs you didn’t share with us? ? 

Feel free to correct this and give some statements of his regarding LP5 I missed.

• Like 1

I'm just happy I'm still alive to hear the new BOC album  :sorcerer:

If they take the same time for LP6 there's a chance I may of croaked it ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

This thread is an interesting look into perceptions about art/artists. People seem to have a very defined sense of what an artist is supposed to be and do. A basic premise I’m seeing here is that artists who make records are supposed to continue to make and release them, under the same alias, at regular enough intervals that it doesn’t feel like too long of a wait to the consumer. The artist should create a product that the consumer desires, the demand of the consumer seems almost more important than the desires of the creator. 

I simply do not get this. If the Brothers never again release a single snippet of music to the public, so be it. As it stands we have a beautiful, timeless catalog of releases that will satisfy and stimulate for the rest of our lives. That they are not proceeded by something new will never change this glorious fact. 

Further, supposing the Michaels are still making music and are interested in releasing it - there are so many legitimate reasons for taking long stretches of time before bringing something to the public. Maybe they’re in a fight, and they can’t decide who gets to play the AN1X and who has to be on tape degradation duties. Maybe Marcus has a really annoying kid who’s always bursting into the studio and being like “fuck you dad Tycho is ten times better than you’ll ever be” and this upsets Marc, so much so that he gets performance anxiety and is undergoing an immersive depth psychology treatment that has plunged the family into financial danger resulting in Mike having to get a day job to cover costs. Maybe they’ve decided to shape their craft to such a meticulous degree that they’ve been refining the compression on a single snare drum for 7 years. We don’t know! 

But just let the brothers be! Imo

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Facepalm 1

It Doesn't Matter™

Spoiler

But seriously, who cares? There's so much good music out there to find and listen to. Same with  Autechre or any other artist from the IDM pantheon. We're not entitled to anything, no artist owes any fan anyhing in any shape or form. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

Maybe they’re in a fight, and they can’t decide who gets to play the AN1X and who has to be on tape degradation duties. Maybe Marcus has a really annoying kid who’s always bursting into the studio and being like “fuck you dad Tycho is ten times better than you’ll ever be” and this upsets Marc 

Pure genius Alcofribas. Brilliantly funny post ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, Alcofribas said:

Maybe Marcus has a really annoying kid who’s always bursting into the studio and being like “fuck you dad Tycho is ten times better than you’ll ever be” and this upsets Marc, so much so that he gets performance anxiety and is undergoing an immersive depth psychology treatment that has plunged the family into financial danger resulting in Mike having to get a day job to cover costs.

Omg, died laughing at this

• Like 1

Waiting for the time a belligerent teenage son hacks Hexagon Sun mainframe and uploads all the unreleased tracks onto watmm The Downloads Are In Here forum. Not twoism ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, Alcofribas said:

This thread is an interesting look into perceptions about art/artists. People seem to have a very defined sense of what an artist is supposed to be and do. A basic premise I’m seeing here is that artists who make records are supposed to continue to make and release them, under the same alias, at regular enough intervals that it doesn’t feel like too long of a wait to the consumer. The artist should create a product that the consumer desires, the demand of the consumer seems almost more important than the desires of the creator. 

I simply do not get this. If the Brothers never again release a single snippet of music to the public, so be it. As it stands we have a beautiful, timeless catalog of releases that will satisfy and stimulate for the rest of our lives. That they are not proceeded by something new will never change this glorious fact. 

Further, supposing the Michaels are still making music and are interested in releasing it - there are so many legitimate reasons for taking long stretches of time before bringing something to the public. Maybe they’re in a fight, and they can’t decide who gets to play the AN1X and who has to be on tape degradation duties. Maybe Marcus has a really annoying kid who’s always bursting into the studio and being like “fuck you dad Tycho is ten times better than you’ll ever be” and this upsets Marc, so much so that he gets performance anxiety and is undergoing an immersive depth psychology treatment that has plunged the family into financial danger resulting in Mike having to get a day job to cover costs. Maybe they’ve decided to shape their craft to such a meticulous degree that they’ve been refining the compression on a single snare drum for 7 years. We don’t know! 

I'd suggest never generalizing about "people" in regards to literally anything. Especially not when it comes to the context of Boards of Canada.

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Waiting for the time a belligerent teenager hacks Hexagon Sun mainframe and uploads all the unreleased tracks onto watmm The Downloads Are In Here forum. Not twoism. 

my guy couldn't find any digital tracks. managed to get hold of a cassette but he's having trouble connecting a tape player walkman to a bluetooth headset, also he keeps asking me if "auto stop" will somehow erase the tape.

2 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

I'd suggest never generalizing about "people" in regards to literally anything. Especially not when it comes to the context of Boards of Canada.

not sure what you’re talking about m8

I got once threatened to smash the living daylights out of someone who disrespected my mother at a family bbq. In the end I bounced him out of the back garden and down the driveway as easy as a tennis ball and sent him flying on his way home. Made a right cunt of himself. And he knows it. Never seen him since.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

what’s with this taupe beats character? seems like some sort of deviant. 

i bet this guy has a small modular set-up and watches only foreign films on the criterion channel. complete sicko 

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I got once threatened to smash the living daylights out of someone who disrespected my mother at a family bbq. In the end I bounced him out of the back garden and down the driveway as easy as a tennis ball and sent him flying on his way home. Made a right cunt of himself. And he knows it. Never seen him since.

And yet you couldn't even quote me. Are you scared that I would have seen this on a message board and thought you were trying to show me how tough you were as some kind of threat? You may want to reevaluate how you made yourself look with this one, tough guy!

14 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

what’s with this taupe beats character? seems like some sort of deviant. 

Go listen to my mixes which I post here for you.

13 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

i bet this guy has a small modular set-up and watches only foreign films on the criterion channel. complete sicko 

No modular setup. Charter member of the Criterion Channel. And someone who can see how pathetic people who obsess over Boards of Canada are. Pathetic insecure fake.

I thought the BOC alias was stuff the Ae bros put out whenever the visit each other and get stoned. Stan moving to Norway probably put a spanner in the works.

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I thought the BOC alias was stuff the Ae bros put out whenever the visit each other and get stoned. Stan moving to Norway probably put a spanner in the works.

I heard sean moved to Norway bc rob trolled him and said that’s where turquoise hexagon son was. So he’s over there showing up at every campfire, trying to find the brothers, to get them to make more lush melodies

• Like 2
  • Haha 2