IGNORED

Occult Research Summer Bundle - Bewwip, Vytear, Rhythm Composer

Uros

lol

14 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Top fellas don't leave people hanging, they reply with "not good" or "busy at the moment, will get back to it in a year" or something. This is common decency. The fact that you're OK with being treated like that and thinking that if someone is a record label owner or is "busy" means they can ghost you and it's OK, does not mean that everyone should be OK with it too.

Being treated like shit by record labels is almost an industry standard these days, but I don't think we should just accept it passively. I once had a label guy decline my release but in such a polite and constructive way that I thanked him in the end for the motivation. Be fucking nice to people, that's all I'm saying. Even if you're busy.

not good

4 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

The hell are you talking about? This is some Stockholm syndrome level BS. Yes, he might have a kid, so what? The dude took the time to get into a lengthy exchange with me and discuss his gear, how he's into tape loops, but then when I politely asked if it was possible to get some feedback for the stuff that I'd sent earlier, he went into silent mode and then ghosted me.

The funniest thing is that 10 days after he'd done that he took the time to go to the fucking post office and send me some stickers (label merch) lol. But he didn't take the time to drop a few lines in a messenger ffs.

So fuck off with your Stockholm syndrome. This is some truly shitty behaviour. I just hate when people are being dicks.

not good

4 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

We talked a lot back and forth daily (he had a kid at that time already), it wasn't a "hey listen to my stuff out of the blue" situation. He had plenty of free time to discuss the inns and outs of his Roland TR-727 with me, yet he was too much of a coward to say "I don't like your stuff" when I sent an EP which I wrote specifically for his label because he probably thought that would upset me, and that he'd better vanish into thin air.

not good

9 hours ago, andrd said:

When I received my summer bundle last year he included dowload codes for 2 other releases not in the bundle as a gift.  Very nice guy and was very responsive when I decided on buying the bundle after I had bought the bewwip 7" by itself. 

I've also received free codes not just once, but twice to soften the ludicrous rise of postal rates. Erik's a cool guy. Took some time to thank me for my order and had some conversation with him via couple of mails, didn't even have to send a demo to chat with the man. Really respect how he has built OR as a functioning label with its own distinctive style. There's some serious effort on the physical products. Never had any delays and announcements come something like a week or two before the actual date. Also the BC prices are bargain (not like on - cough cough - AF). Top label.

How did I miss this thread...

I guess that's one "no more mister nice guy". Reminds me of my younger self when the girls didn't respond back. Yeah, it's frustrating. Deal with it.

I hadn't seen this thread until now either. amazing levels of self-entitlement and bumhurt. to go on and make a video (which I also haven't seen cos the others from before he joined WATMM were cringy enough) calling someone out for this is quite something.

my guess is that in spite of his gripes about being ghosted for no apparent reason, it's more likely that OR guy correctly assessed him as a knob and ceased communication.

edit: also random inappropriate use of the phrase "stockholm syndrome" does not help your case

Edited by usagi

I remember OR saying they don't accept demos. You also should be deep in your mystical raver boots to live up to the Bewwip/Trackermatte hype. Total alchemy

Edited by chronical

• 4 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, cear said:

no releases this year?

Spoiler

78482102_2398142453647231_15882087005253

Vytear Kingtrips Part II test pressing. Pre-orders will be up soon, apparently. So soz, maybe not this year, but I guess OR are coming back.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What I can find on the net:  
- Their last release was Vytear ‎- Kingtrips EP2 Cat#OR0027 on 15 Jan 2020.
- On 16 April 2020 they announced on facebook a new distribution partnership with Morr Music, also making all their releases digitally available on boomkat, spotify, apple music, tidal, deezer,...
- On their Soundcloud it says they're not accepting demos at this time.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was wondering about OR recently, too. Kind of want to check in with him and see if anything else is coming down the pike.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:55 PM, Salvatorin said:

BOUGHT THIS BUNDLE LIKE A MOTHAFUCKIN TED BUNDY

Ted Bundy worked mostly minimum wage jobs, and was too busy murdering to waste what little money he did make on digital vinyl bundles or whatever, so you may want to rethink your 2018 serial killer analogy imho.