IGNORED

Warp Tapes WAV

leterel

Yeah - just have to echo everyone else - these are so badass. It's crazy to think that some of these tracks were sent to Warp and they didn't choose them to be included on Incunabula. Some of the tracks would have fit VERY nicely in there, and possibly even made it sound more cohesive. 

But... <shrug> what do I know? Not like I own a major record label that's been able to sustain itself for the last 30 years. 

=X

I'm just... very, VERY grateful that we've been given this gift of another glimpse into the beginning years of AE. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hk47 said:

It's crazy to think that some of these tracks were sent to Warp and they didn't choose them to be included on Incunabula.

I don't think (AFAIK) WARP had any input on what track(s) went on Incunabula, and that Roger and Salvatore determined the tracklisting/order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I don't think (AFAIK) WARP had any input on what track(s) went on Incunabula, and that Roger and Salvatore determined the tracklisting/order.

really.

Hmm

I really thought that Warp compiled it.

=X

thank you for the info/correction. 

... Now I've gotta go listen to it tonight. Probably a good idea after hearing nothing but these Warp Tapes tracks for the last 48 hours or so anyway. 

=P

I thought warp compiled incunabula as well? Thought AE send them load of stuff and they picked the most A.I sounding?  Thought this was part of the reason they consider Amber their 1st proper album? Sure it was covered somewhere in AAA but cant be arsed to check.

Incunabula is ace though, if this had got released instead and we were all listening to Incunabula now for the 1st time, we would still all be like - why wasn't this beauty released at the time!? ?

Edited by kirm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hk47 said:

really.

Hmm

=X

... Now I've gotta go listen to it tonight. Probably a good idea after hearing nothing but these Warp Tapes tracks for the last 48 hours or so anyway. 

=P

IMG_2125.JPG

Edited by Tamagotchi San
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 3

17 hours ago, Hk47 said:

really.

Hmm

=X

=P

I... may be mistaken on that! :blush:

11 hours ago, kirm said:

I thought warp compiled incunabula as well? Thought AE send them load of stuff and they picked the most A.I sounding?  Thought this was part of the reason they consider Amber their 1st proper album? Sure it was covered somewhere in AAA but cant be arsed to check.

Incunabula is ace though, if this had got released instead and we were all listening to Incunabula now for the 1st time, we would still all be like - why wasn't this beauty released at the time!? ?

My understanding is/was WARP is pretty hands-off when it comes to A&R - I guess they were more hands-on in the early days!

11 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Yes that was my understanding as well. Warp compiled and rejected a bunch of content... TBH IMO AFAIK

I guess I was wrong - I am sure the AAA has that info...

10 hours ago, Tamagotchi San said:

IMG_2125.JPG

I said "as far as I know" - I was obviously wrong!

frustrated kermit the frog GIF

• Like 1

Giving it a listen now. This is fucking great. I just brought my hi fi set up into the 21st century with a £20 smart power strip and a Chromecast audio. This is getting the inaugural rinse. I can now shout at my 80s amp to turn on and play some 80s autechre and it just fucking does it. IDM

IDM

IDM af

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

The last ten minutes of part 2 provide such a beautiful and fitting finale to this experience. What a pleasure listening live, these remain just as magical on the replay. Wondering if anyone has made a tracklisting of everything able to be ID'd. I see the .cue sheet and am not sure how to extract the information I seek, though I suspect it is there.

• Like 1

I don't think they had names, they were just demos on a bunch of c90 cassettes.. if you need unofficial track names the best person to speak to is phudoshin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, valleyinaire said:

how is everyone storing this bad boi in their libraries? yall splitting it all into individual tracks, or keeping the two parts intact?

I converted the .wav files into .flac to save on a bit of space, the mp3's in another - then, in yet another folder, I have mp3's that were converted from the .wav files but split up with the .cue sheets that I posted a few pages back.

=P

This entire collection is so badass - but right now I'm really digging the last half of the first part (starting around the 32 minute mark through to the end). But whatever it is at 47:15 to around the 53 minute mark [or 'track 11' if split with the .cue] is... out of this world crazy good. It's my favorite part of the whole sch-bang ATM. 

So great that they made these available for download. 

=D

3 hours ago, kattin2 said:

The last ten minutes of part 2 provide such a beautiful and fitting finale to this experience. What a pleasure listening live, these remain just as magical on the replay. Wondering if anyone has made a tracklisting of everything able to be ID'd. I see the .cue sheet and am not sure how to extract the information I seek, though I suspect it is there.

There are no track names in the .cue files - just 'Untitled 1' 'Untitled 2', ect... 

Edited by Hk47
  • Like 1